22LR Mini Pocket Holster

Started by KPaul, September-10-13 05:09

Previous topic - Next topic

KPaul

I ordered a pocket holster from Lost River Leather out of Twin Falls, ID, and am quite happy with it. I thought I'd pass on the info.

The holster is a great fit for the Mini and holds securely but still allows for easy draw from the pocket. I find using the nail of my index finger allows for a quick release on the way out. The leather covers the hammer and trigger and allows for just enough room in front of both that there's no pressure being applied to either. The leather is stout enough that you're not going to engage either accidentally by having pressure applied fore of either.

The stitching is very sturdy and the edges are nicely burnished. The tooling makes for a nice fit. The only thing I would have liked to have seen different is the cylinder flute tooling. As you can see, the tooled depressions for the flutes on either side are where the they would be if the hammer was resting on a chamber. With the hammer in a safety notch, the flutes are slightly above center. It doesn't cause any issues, but it's what I would have done differently if it were me.

Here are a few shots (for some reason I can't get the last 2 photos to rotate correctly in iPhoto or Photobucket)...

Rohn

Thanks for the post and information.  Holster looks real nice.
(John 8:32) And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.  (KJV)

mouselvr

Thanks for sharing, KPaul!  The holster looks very nice.  I tried to find purchasing info online but only found his blogspot.  Do you have ordering/contact info you could link to?  Thanks.

KPaul

Quote from: mouselvr on September-10-13 13:09
Thanks for sharing, KPaul!  The holster looks very nice.  I tried to find purchasing info online but only found his blogspot.  Do you have ordering/contact info you could link to?  Thanks.

I bought it from his Ebay Store.

mouselvr