Which barrel to do you prefer on the mini .22 magnum or .22 LR

1  1/8
1  5/8
something different all together

JES14352

Which barrel length do you all prefer on your mini .22 magnum or .22 LR
STUBBORN AS A MISSOURI MULE.......

TwoGunJayne

The "2 inch" claim of the Black Widow works for me.

SteveZ-FL

Am not looking for the greatest performance, but rather reliability combined with utmost concealability.  The 1 1/8 has been with me for many years, is easy to hide and has never misfired. Am quite satisfied!
...SteveZ

"...you never need a gun until you need it badly" - from WEB Griffin's The Honor of Spies, and Victory and Honor.

PRM

I've got the BW with the 2 inch barrel.  If they ever make it in a 3 inch - I'll have one.

Bigbird48

Here we go again  LOL  8) ::) ;) I've said it many times 1-5/8 on my Black Jack Talo, best of all worlds IMHO of course , very light, don't even know its in your pocket, great punch with good velocity , and the ultimate in coolness 8)

Uncle_Lee

I want a pair of 4" Sidewinders.
Or a pair of 9.5" Sidewinders.
Or a pair of 3" 32 acp minis.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

G50AE

I want a single stack pocket sized Glock in 380ACP, with an option for a conversion barrel to .32NAA.  8)

ljutic

Quote from: G50AE on September-24-13 04:09
I want a single stack pocket sized Glock in 380ACP, with an option for a conversion barrel to .32NAA.  8)

Diamondback DB380 is what you want.  I went with 1 5/8".  I'd have a Sidewinder if it came in that length.
Owner and Author of the Pocket Guns and Gear blog.

Dinadan

I do not find that there is any significant difference in concealability between the 1 1/8" and 1 5/8" minis. I think that the 1 5/8" has a more balanced and pleasing look than the 1 1/8" mini: that is why I prefer the 1 5/8".

Bigbird48

Quote from: uncle_lee on September-24-13 03:09
I want a Black Jack Talo with the short barrel and the wood grips PLEASE!!!!! ;D

G50AE

Quote from: ljutic on September-24-13 05:09
Quote from: G50AE on September-24-13 04:09

Diamondback DB380 is what you want.

I'd rather have the real thing instead of some blatantly inferior Glock knock-off.  Too bad the real thing isn't available, yet.

mouselvr

1 5/8" is working for me right now.  Haven't fired a 1 1/8" yet so that could change when I do.

Mandodoc

I voted 1 5/8, so now my 1 5/8 loves me but my 1 1/8 is giving me dirty looks  ;)

Bigbird48

8) @ Doc, hey give the 1-1/8 a couple soft strokes across it cylinder and put him in your weak side pocket. He'll love you again and think he's being useful. :D :P ::)

grayelky

Having carried a 1 1/8 LR, a 1 1/8 mag and a 1 5/8 mag, it is very difficult to tell a difference in them. I opt for the slight velocity advantage of the 1 5/8 barrel. I have not tried a BW yet, but with only an additional 3/8" barrel, I can't help but feel it would not make much difference. I would swap out the oversized grips for the "standard" smooth grips, but that is personal preference.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Bigbird48

GrayElk try the Black Widow, you'll find a significant difference going from 1-5/8 to 2 " The black Widow is much more noticeable in your pocket then a 1-5/8, Even if you put the regular grips on I think you'll be very surprised.   

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: Bigbird48 on September-24-13 07:09
Quote from: uncle_lee on September-24-13 03:09
I want a Black Jack Talo with the short barrel and the wood grips PLEASE!!!!! ;D

Sorry, I just sold both of mine.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Mandodoc

BB48
That sounds like it might get me out of trouble. I'll see how it goes........ ;D

JES14352

Quote from: Bigbird48 on September-26-13 01:09
GrayElk try the Black Widow, you'll find a significant difference going from 1-5/8 to 2 " The black Widow is much more noticeable in your pocket then a 1-5/8, Even if you put the regular grips on I think you'll be very surprised.
Any one got a picture of the Black Widow with regular grips on it ?

nastruck

My mini and BW with the slip on NAA grip

TeeJay37

Are those the same grips as the Pug? Do they just slip over the standard wood grips?

nastruck

TeeJay37

So, for the Black Widow, you'd have to buy a set of wood or other standard grips and the slip-on?
How do you like it, compared to the oversize rubber BW grip?

JES14352

Quote from: TeeJay37 on September-27-13 13:09
So, for the Black Widow, you'd have to buy a set of wood or other standard grips and the slip-on?
Rubber grips slip over frame , NOT over another set of grips.

tocsn40

I posted 1 1/8 only cus i have cared that one the most  i like the 2in of the bw and i to like the 1 5/8 of my first mini i now carry a 1in SW
Tocsn40

TeeJay37

Quote from: JES14352 on September-27-13 15:09
Quote from: TeeJay37 on September-27-13 13:09
Rubber grips slip over frame , NOT over another set of grips.

Okay, thanks.