The NAA "Not made yet" Wish List Thread

Started by TwoGunJayne, September-24-13 08:09

Previous topic - Next topic

45flint

Quote from: cfsharry on September-25-13 20:09
Has anyone that you know of gotten an answer as to what NAA would have to price the Ranger at to make it viable? Inquiring minds want to know

Not sure it matters.  There was too much hand fitting etc.  Your LR manual extraction is a great idea but doubt anything would be looked at till the backlog for the SW is over.  They have a winner there, not sure they would add to the mix.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: 45flint on September-26-13 03:09
Has anyone that you know of gotten an answer as to what NAA would have to price the Ranger at to make it viable? Inquiring minds want to know

Not sure it matters.  There was too much hand fitting etc.  Your LR manual extraction is a great idea but doubt anything would be looked at till the backlog for the SW is over.  They have a winner there, not sure they would add to the mix.

I don't look for NAA to make too many "normal" minis anymore.
Which would you buy, a 22MSC or a SWC?

I think after the "normal" minis are out of the pipe line that they may just be special order.
Like maybe for collectors.
The Sidewinder IS something else.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

45flint

Quote from: uncle_lee on September-26-13 05:09

I think after the "normal" minis are out of the pipe line that they may just be special order.

I don't disagree with your logic, except that "normal" or old style guns have to be cheaper by a good margin than a SW.  Currently I am amazed someone would buy a mag Pug for $314 when for $35 more they can have a Sidewinder.  When both are readily available their has to be a wider margin or the Pug and others may be obsolete.

Maccab

A .25NAA Guardian with a 4" barrel, however the extra barrel length protrudes forward of the slide like a p38 for maximum small'ness still. That round just likes a longer barrel...

stantheman86

.32 S&W short Mini

Improve and work the bugs out and bring back the .17 mini.

A smaller Guardian, chambered in .22 LR and .25 acp , thinking baby browning size.

A larger, upscaled Mini chambered for stuff like 9mm, .327 etc.

G50AE

Quote from: stantheman86 on September-26-13 22:09
.32 S&W short Mini

Especially if this can result in a .32 S&W Long mini, .32 H&R Magnum mini, and a .327 Magnum mini, how is that for a family of minis?

heyjoe

Quote from: stantheman86 on September-26-13 22:09
.32 S&W short Mini

Improve and work the bugs out and bring back the .17 mini.

A smaller Guardian, chambered in .22 LR and .25 acp , thinking baby browning size.

A larger, upscaled Mini chambered for stuff like 9mm, .327 etc.

stan im just curious why a 32 S&W mini over a 32 acp mini. they are similar sized, but the 32 acp is a more powerful round and easier to find on the shelves.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

G50AE

tocsn40

Maries leg that whould be wayyyy cool. I still want my bicycle mini with skeliton stock that folds but a 22 maries leg would be a good start   
Tocsn40

I

HEY! WAITAMINNIT!

NAA doesn't offer any extended barrels for threading for their semiautos yet, do they?

Well?  DO THEY?

No offense, I just didn't think they did...

G50AE

t_fretwell420

22 magnum 1 1/8 inch barrel smooth cylinder with maximum scroll work TALO edition

jw1128

Quote from: 45flint on September-26-13 09:09

I don't disagree with your logic, except that "normal" or old style guns have to be cheaper by a good margin than a SW.  Currently I am amazed someone would buy a mag Pug for $314 when for $35 more they can have a Sidewinder.  When both are readily available their has to be a wider margin or the Pug and others may be obsolete.
I bought the PUG for the night sight, not sure if I'll be able to use the sight in a fight for my life, but I still like to know that I have the option, I think that is the advance with the PUG.  Plus I like the extra steel, but that me.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: jw1128 on October-10-13 05:10

I bought the PUG for the night sight, not sure if I'll be able to use the sight in a fight for my life, but I still like to know that I have the option, I think that is the advance with the PUG.  Plus I like the extra steel, but that me.

I think if someone actually has to use a mini for self defense, there will not be time to use the sights.
Another thought of mine is that too many people who carry a mini for defense are practicing for a bad guy standing still 5-10 yards away.
People should be shooting at moving targets if at all possible. That is the way it is going to go down.
God, Country, & Flag

TwoGunJayne

In one of my classes, we had to shoot with those Bianchi "welding goggles" aka "night sight" goggles. They're super dark and makes a bright afternoon under some trees simulate midnight pretty well.

I think it was an excellent training opportunity to run through a target, manipulate controls and what not, then see where you hit (if at all.) If all you do is shoot under brightly lit conditions, your first night fire is going to be quite a shock. It almost seems a different game entirely.

People who can aim for 1-3 seconds and hit 10" at 30 yards discover that they're blazing away at 5 paces and missing man-size completely.

G50AE

Quote from: TwoGunJayne on October-10-13 06:10
In one of my classes, we had to shoot with those Bianchi "welding goggles" aka "night sight" goggles. They're super dark and makes a bright afternoon under some trees simulate midnight pretty well.

I think it was an excellent training opportunity to run through a target, manipulate controls and what not, then see where you hit (if at all.) If all you do is shoot under brightly lit conditions, your first night fire is going to be quite a shock. It almost seems a different game entirely.

People who can aim for 1-3 seconds and hit 10" at 30 yards discover that they're blazing away at 5 paces and missing man-size completely.

That sounds like a very "tactical" exercise.  Thanks for the training tip.  I'm always looking for ways to become more "tactical".

heyjoe

Quote from: uncle_lee on October-10-13 06:10

I think if someone actually has to use a mini for self defense, there will not be time to use the sights.
Another thought of mine is that too many people who carry a mini for defense are practicing for a bad guy standing still 5-10 yards away.
People should be shooting at moving targets if at all possible. That is the way it is going to go down.

which is why Larry Seecamp says that he doesnt put sights on his firearms.

G50AE

Quote from: heyjoe on October-10-13 21:10
Quote from: uncle_lee on October-10-13 06:10

which is why Larry Seecamp says that he doesnt put sights on his firearms.

But in reality it's because he is too cheep to put them on his SNS's.

heyjoe

Saturday Night Specials? too cheap? you really are a richard head.

TwoGunJayne

...?  ??? Since when is a Seecamp a cheap junk gun that has a false reputation for a link to crime?

ikoiko

What one poster considers a contribution to a thread, be it CCW badges, altering quotes from other posters, etc has ended up with them being banned from a carry forum.

Being banned from any particular forum, may not be the fault of the banned poster, and more the fault of forum politics.

That being said, a history of posting purposely to be disruptive, makes it easier to figure out why the banning occurred.

TwoGunJayne

If I had a sip or two, I wake up in the morning and *FIX MY POSTS* I spend a lot of time very, very mad at the government. My anger gets the best of me the more I read about what's going on. I've really gotta quit having a glass next to me while reading about world events. It's seriously going to get me banned and I even try to be a 5-star poster. I clean up my posts, apologize when I'm wrong, research what I've dared to say... If I find out I'm wrong, I post a retraction. If someone gets mad at me, I apologize.

I'm not a troll. My greatest wish for America is for the people "in power" to stop acting like a forum troll to the US Citizens.

...but on the real-world human forum side, I can understand how it happens, a moment of frustration or maybe Jose Cuervo really isn't your best interpreter to the world. Unless people really know your posting style, they might not be able to tell that you're unsafe to drive or operate a keyboard at the moment and just see... a big butt. Some of us, in the words of Patton, are "mad as heck and we're not going to take it anymore!" The problem is we have no clear cut path of recourse to peacably pursue the best course of action. There's about three or four Congressional Acts that I want repealed (off the top of my head,) but I see no real way to enforce change... just to supplicate and beg like a pesant for change that will never come. You know I'm not talking "Obama's Change," I'm talking about "Founding Fathers" kind of change. America was never meant to be communist. When I was young, I used to get so mad at Sen Joseph McCarthy for all of the witch hunt abuses that were hung upon his name. I really hate to say it, but I want to hire three of him to Congress right now and a few clones of Teddy Roosevelt and Andrew Jackson (just for spice.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_McCarthy

...but on the 3-branches side, they have no excuse. They are the 1% that controls 47% of the world's wealth worldwide. That's no excuse to be an a-hole, just because of your checkbook. Real-world humans tend to have other excuses.

The people who habitually try to make everyone miserable get banned at the drop of a hat at the larger and faster sites. There could be 1000 people who saw you show your butt and that's all they remember. Then again, habitual trolls just try to change names and MACintoshes as quickly as possible. Tip: Don't let them borrow your wifi.

It's a lot like a new gun coming out on the market. I 100% guarantee you that someone will insult it in the worst possible ways and never even held one.

Uncle_Lee

Don't ban people.
Just ignore them.
Let them have their fun. Just don't be a part of it.
They are who they are and let them be.
If a real troll gets ignored by everyone, they will go away on their own.
What keeps a troll around is people interact with them. That is what they feed on. DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.

You aren't their Mommy or Daddy and you aren't going to teach them manners or good from bad. They are too far gone for help.
To argue and fuss with them puts you almost at their level.
It makes you a troll feeder.

God, Country, & Flag

G50AE

Quote from: TwoGunJayne on October-11-13 13:10I spend a lot of time very, very mad at the government.

That's very understandable.  And I think it is fair to say that we on this forum tend to be tolerant of your occasional rants.

burncycle

grayelky

burncycle-
Style? caliber? Your thoughts....
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

G50AE

Quote from: burncycle on October-13-13 22:10
An NAA rifle, hands down.

I am thinking a stocked revolver, a la Lee Van Cleef in "For A Few Dollars More."

Break out the pocket watches with the music chimes.  8)

TwoGunJayne

I'm all for it, but that's only legal in the USA to do with a NAA cap and ball blackpowder Companion/Super Companion/C&B Earl, unless you play that federal stamp game. A $200 tax stamp for the privilege of a removable stock? You could find a used mini for less than that. The OAL of a cartridge mini would have to be longer than NAA has said they're willing to make due to frame strength before you add the stock to not get smacked by the AYE-TEA_EFF.

NAA C&B Earl-style Hogleg with "Van Cleef" shoulder stock. Please? Can we call them that? A "Cleef stock?"  Make them and I will buy. Oh yes, I will buy.  Can we say "Christmas Gifts?" "4th of July Gifts?" Yeah. Cap and ball is exempt from this SBR (short barreled rifle) nonsense, as it should be.

(HINT HINT HINT)

They'd be even more extra-awesome with a flip-up tang-style vernier sight. It doesn't have to be graduated to 250 yards, but I'd get all kinds of giggly if it were.

This is very, very, very doable. Really. Seriously. Miniature removable stock C&B cattleman's carbine. This is GOLD. It would barely even take any new parts!!

G50AE

Quote from:  Lee Van CleefIndio!  This is Colonel Mortimer.  Douglas Mortimer!  Does that name mean anything to you?

TwoGunJayne

QuoteEven a filthy beggar like that has got a protecting angel.
Lee Van Cleef, "Angel Eyes" 1966

Quote"I don't believe in what they call method acting. I don't know," he said, choosing his words carefully; "I don't believe in it. It could be good for some actors, but it's not good for me. As far as I'm concerned, method acting confuses audiences more than it tells them anything, and I think if you entertained them instead of confusing them, you'd get better results. Acting is a twisted up subject. I think to project yourself into another dimension, and then to make dimensions within the dimensions.  I think that it's an art form the same as music or painting or anything else. Or writing, in a sense, because even though you didn't write the original lines or ideas, to bring them to life is as much a form of art as the original thing. Anybody that can do the acting should be able to do the writing. In a lot of those European films, for example, I've done a lot of my own dialogue changes just to make it more compatible with my manner of speech, and my patterns, shall we say. I've never changed their ideas, just the way to say them or carry them out. Sometimes I even drop lines. Most actors like to add lines. They think the more they have, the better off they are. Bull$#!t! Sometimes I'd rather just use my eyes, use my face."
--Lee Van Cleef

TeeJay37

I immediately thought of that movie! I would buy a Cap and Ball for that. That would be the coolest thing.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: TeeJay37 on October-14-13 18:10
I immediately thought of that movie! I would buy a Cap and Ball for that. That would be the coolest thing.

They are made and sold everyday.

They are out of stock here but if you look around you can find them.

http://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/1851-NAVY-SHOULDER-STOCK-229p1196.htm

http://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/1851-NAVY-BUNTLINE-BRASS-FRAME-BLUED-BARREL-141p1163.htm

I had a cased set of these and they were nice.

God, Country, & Flag

TeeJay37

G50AE

Quote from: TeeJay37 on October-14-13 18:10

Quote from: The Banker on "For A Few Dollars More"You want the Bank of El Paso, not even Indio would be crazy enough to rob that one.

TwoGunJayne

Stengel: [Believing he's got Sabata beat] Before you die, you should know that those men with superior talents... and consequently with superior powers... always have one last card to play.
Sabata: You know, Stengel, I wouldn't bet a dollar on that last card.

I think this exchange sums up CC of minis perfectly.