NAA-22MC-P

Started by Balto, January-18-14 10:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Balto

I have a question about the NAA-22MC-P.  My dealer, who I may be purchasing it from, tells me it comes with one cylinder which takes both LR and Mags.  When I check the "faq" page of NAA it states that you cannot shoot LR rounds in a Mag cylinder.  Is this model capable of firing both cartridges out of one cylinder? 

ikoiko

No, you cannot fire mags and LR thru the same cylinder. Magnums must be fired thru magnum cylinder, and LR thru a LR cylinder.

Conversion models are based on a magnum frame and include an extra cylinder for firing LR rounds.
In other words, TWO different cylinders come with the gun.

glenn

Either your dealer SHOULDN'T be dealing in guns ... or you misunderstood him.

Proud Untermenschen of the NWO

grayelky

Technically, you can fire LR rounds in a magnum cylinder, but, IT IS UNSAFE TO DO SO!!! Do Not Do It!

Ikoiko and glenn are both correct. (In my humble opinion.)

I will add, if you buy a magnum only gun (it does not have LR cylinder with it), you can send the gun to the factory and they will make a LR cylinder and fit/time it to your gun for $50.00. (Check and see what some of the manufactures charge for a spare cylinder.) It is cheaper to buy it with the LR cylinder as a combo.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Bluelitenin

Quote from: Balto on January-18-14 10:01
I have a question about the NAA-22MC-P.  My dealer, who I may be purchasing it from, tells me it comes with one cylinder which takes both LR and Mags.  When I check the "faq" page of NAA it states that you cannot shoot LR rounds in a Mag cylinder.  Is this model capable of firing both cartridges out of one cylinder?
n
NAA's web site says the NAA-22MC-P comes with a 22lr cylinder

Uncle_Lee

The "C" in the model number stands for conversion.
That revolver should have a 22 LR cylinder with it.
Maybe the dealer is one of those on eBay selling conversion cylinders for sky high prices.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )