Live and Learn - Ordering NAA Mini Accessories "willy-nilly"

Started by Javier C., February-14-14 19:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Javier C.

When I purchased my latest mini, I thought I should get some proper NAA accessories for it.  So, ......I ordered a Magnum belt buckle, a brown Inside-Waist-Band holster, and a set of oversize rosewood grips.  All of these items arrived today via U.S. Mail.

Then I made some unforeseen discoveries.  The rosewood grips rattle about just a bit after being securely mounted.  This was overcome by slipping in various cut and stacked pieces of paper along the metal backstrap inside the grip, resulting in a snug fit which didn't move about and made no more noise.  Then I discovered that with the oversize grips on my mini, I couldn't mount it in the belt buckle holster because the wood wouldn't allow the lower pin to cradle the back of the trigger post.  Fortunately, the IWB holster with metal belt clip does a fine job of holding my fat-handled mini wheel gun.  With time the holster will shape itself to the piece through daily wear.

As for the belt buckle, I removed the Holster/Grip from my older mini, and put on the unused wood handles which came on the new mini.  Now the short barreled mini can fit into the buckle without any difficulty.  **(The short barreled mini actually fit WITH the holster/grip still attached, but it looked dumb, and the handle couldn't be folded closed.)

As I wrote, live and learn.  I'll keep the folding holster/grip safely stored, in case I decide to re-install it on either of the mini-magnums.

Goatpacker

Soak the holster in 160 degree water for about 30 seconds and wait for it to cool and let the outside it start to look dry!!! Oil the gun good and put it in the holster!!! Mold it with your hands and use the round end of a sharpie marker to "bone in" the details really hard!!! Remove the gun and let it dry naturally over night!!! This will give the holster the perfect shape of the gun!!! Just check the gun every day for the next few days and keep it oiled!!! Even though the holster looks dry the gun will have moisture on it the first couple of days!!!

stantheman86