COLT MUSTANG .380 COMMING BACK OUT

Started by bcowanwheels, January-20-11 20:01

Previous topic - Next topic

bcowanwheels

HEY GUYS I SEEN FROM THE SHOT SHOW THAT COLT IS COMMING BACK OUT WITH THE MUSTANG .380 YEP-EE

sub16610

I was at the shot show a couple of days ago and handled the colt mustang.It is exactly the same gun as the older ones according to the reps.

grayelky

How much? Why it over a Sig P238?
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Bubba

We did a video review of the new Mustang yesterday with Colt..

It will bee posted in a few days

Long story short, new one is made better (stronger) and all parts are compatible with old models
Those who adapt control the future
Gun Websites

bcowanwheels

CNC MACHINED SLIDE AND FRAME.... SAYS IT ALL

catbird

That is good news, indeed.  My similar ol' Colt Pony PocketLite has been a great little pistol...

OOPS! Sorry for the huge pic. :^/

cedarview kid

My dad had a nice Colt Mustang Pocketlite that I expected I would inherit when he passed. Unfortunately, it was stolen while living with his second wife about a year before he died. I still have the box with the serial number on it, though, so I'll be able to identify it if it ever shows up.

Dar

ksblazer

Glad to hear this. I really wanted one about 10 years ago. But the price went up on them so much that I really couldn't justify it.  

I really like the looks of the Sig P238's. Everytime I'm in a gun shop and see one under the glass counter I stop and stare at it. My guess this is why Colt decided to bring it back. To compete with the P238 and some of the other similiar sized .380's out there.  

Pistols of this size and caliber seem to be very popular right now. I'm just curious how much they will sell for? My guess is that it will be more than the Sig P238.

redhawk4

It's a  pistol I've always liked, but the price and the SA only trigger usually stops me getting my wallet out.

It will be interesting to see how much they go for and whether this starts a number of manufacturers building them like 1911's. I know Colt has had alot of military contracts, but I just can't understand them with regard to production of models that are still so popular like the 380 auto. What about a relaunch of the Anaconda revolver? it seems there's alot they could be doing and a lot of money to be made in the private sector of the market. Just the name Colt is such a powerful brand, something other companies can only dream of and spend a fortune trying to create.

I'm excited for this particular gun and perhaps because they are focusing back on the American consumer with some products again.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

grayelky

Colt is taking about the same chance re-introducing their 380 pistol as Ruger took copying the KelTec P3AT: The market demand is already established, as evidenced by the popularity of the Sig P238. If they can keep the price at or below Sigs, then their biggest problem will be building them.

bill_deshivs

The SIG and earlier Colt are direct copies of the Spanish Star "DK" series of pistols. None of them work as well as the Stars.

louiethelump

What is Colt building for the Govt.?????

My understanding is the lost the M16 account to FN, and the pistols are Beretta........

Just asking................
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

redhawk4

You know now you mention it, I don't know anymore, either way they've been building precious little for us shooters.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

grayelky

I am not familiar with the DK, but I know the Star line of pistols is well made. How does it compare to the Llama 380's lockup?

bill_deshivs

The Star DK is a much nicer pistol overall than the post-1940s Llamas. Very precise little guns.