Which pants for front pocket conceal carry ?

Started by JES14352, February-21-14 09:02

Previous topic - Next topic

JES14352

What pants are you all wearing when you carry ? I wish my cheap jeans had deeper front pockets. Need to find a better pants with deep pockets..
STUBBORN AS A MISSOURI MULE.......

RogueTS1

Levis but must use the rear pockets. In a pinch I can squeeze a holstered mini in my left front pocket but it becomes simply a place I hide a mini; not a place I can quickly access a mini.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Javier C.

I try not to carry any of my minis in any trouser pocket.  I have a Magnum mini, with the folding holster grip, which can be carried iWB.  With a 1 inch barrel, I can also carry the same revolver in an upper shirt pocket, with a pocket notepad in front of it to eliminate the shape to casual inspection.  My Magnum/Long Rifle Conversion piece fits in the NAA brown holster with clip, and can also be worn IWB with a loosely tucked shirt covering it.

As a final option, I have an elastic belly band holster which can accomodate two handguns.  It would be invisible until I tried to access the guns.

redhawk4

I find Wrangler Jeans, the relaxed boot cut which I get at Walmart have much bigger pockets than my equivalent Levi Jeans, I can fit my Sig 290RS or a J frame in those although it does look a little stuffed, my Guardian 380 is much more concealed. Either way they can be drawn quickly enough or a hand slid in the pocket casually on the grip. With Levis only my Guardian 380 will work, but it still hinders the draw a little, with my big hands - it's a bit like the catching monkeys with a handful of peanuts trick. Carhartt Jeans also have bigger pockets, I'm sure many others do also, just check different makes and styles.

Most other styles of pants seem to have pretty big pockets, the trouble with dress pants etc. that are a looser fit is that the gun is moving all over the place as you walk etc. where as with jeans its held more tightly against the body. With dress pants I usually end up going to an even smaller gun, because other than a custom holster for that pair of pants, it's pretty hard stop this movement, a lighter gun helps some too, you don't feel it moving around as much.

I think your size plays a part too, I'm 6' 4" and while I only take a 34-36 waist the pockets are a lot larger in comparison to smaller sizes. My wife's at the other end of the size scale, I doubt there is a gun made that would go in her jeans pockets.

I personally would never carry a gun in a back pocket, it's far too easy for a pickpocket to get to it, he may think he's grabbing your wallet, but if you feel him going for it you don't want to turn round and be face to face with someone holding your gun.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

Dinadan

I pretty much always wear either Cabela's or Wrangler cargo pants. The front pockets are generous enough that I can actually fit a short barrel Vaquero in them if I wanted too. Anything up to a three inch Earl is no problem with those two cargo pants.

RogueTS1

Quote from: redhawk4 on February-21-14 15:02
I find Wrangler Jeans, the relaxed boot cut which I get at Walmart have much bigger pockets than my equivalent Levi Jeans, I can fit my Sig 290RS or a J frame in those although it does look a little stuffed, my Guardian 380 is much more concealed. Either way they can be drawn quickly enough or a hand slid in the pocket casually on the grip. With Levis only my Guardian 380 will work, but it still hinders the draw a little, with my big hands - it's a bit like the catching monkeys with a handful of peanuts trick. Carhartt Jeans also have bigger pockets, I'm sure many others do also, just check different makes and styles.

Most other styles of pants seem to have pretty big pockets, the trouble with dress pants etc. that are a looser fit is that the gun is moving all over the place as you walk etc. where as with jeans its held more tightly against the body. With dress pants I usually end up going to an even smaller gun, because other than a custom holster for that pair of pants, it's pretty hard stop this movement, a lighter gun helps some too, you don't feel it moving around as much.

I think your size plays a part too, I'm 6' 4" and while I only take a 34-36 waist the pockets are a lot larger in comparison to smaller sizes. My wife's at the other end of the size scale, I doubt there is a gun made that would go in her jeans pockets.

I personally would never carry a gun in a back pocket, it's far too easy for a pickpocket to get to it, he may think he's grabbing your wallet, but if you feel him going for it you don't want to turn round and be face to face with someone holding your gun.

Except that he would be looking down the large open hole of my .45 when I turned around. Then again he might be blinded by the sudden blinding bright light. LOL
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

G50AE

Tailored black dress pants with the front of the pocket reinforced.  The front of the pocket rubs against both the front of the pant leg and the item in the pocket.  This is why if you carry your car keys in your front pocket, it is typically the front side of the pocket that the keys will wear a hole into.  Now with this being said, you should always use a pocket holster when carrying in a pants pocket.

The services of a good tailor are important to the serious and well dressed armed citizen.  8)

boone123

g50
I have seen that in exact thing in  print before before. Who did you copy it from? I can't remember who wrote it first?

Kevin

Dickies work pants. You can drop a mini-revolver in the front pocket with plenty of room to spare, even with a notepad or something between the revolver and the outside world to prevent "printing". In a pinch (wearing a 46" waist size), you can go up to a Walther PPK/S or Ruger LC9.

blue_heron

Cargo pants or shorts are always a god choice, however for blue or black jeans you may wish to consider the Duluth Trading Company and their ballroom jeans.

They have a gusset in the crotch to eliminate your family jewels (nuts) from being pinched and the side pockets are deep and made from 10oz canvas. The waist band and bottom of the cuffs are lined with canvas
I carry a large folding knife or my pug in the watch pocket.

stantheman86

I wear carpenter jeans like Lee Dungarees, the watch pocket is perfect for either a .22 LR mini, a .38 speed strip, or a compact pistol magazine.

Carpenter jeans have deep front pockets and are good for small revolvers and autos.

TwoGunJayne

Goatpacker

Ariat jeans from western stores down here have deep front pockets and a big watch pocket!!!

G50AE

Quote from: boone123 on February-22-14 05:02
g50
I have seen that in exact thing in  print before before. Who did you copy it from? I can't remember who wrote it first?

Which part?

As to the advice of always using a pocket holster, pretty much every gun write has said that, and from my experience, I agree with them.  I wager a guess and say I first read that advice from Massad Ayoob back in the 1990's, if I am wrong in that guess, no big deal.

My favorite gun magazines (the printed kind) are Combat Handguns and The Glock Annual (Obviously).  Ayoob is a regular writer in both.  I also like Leroy Thompson, Rick Miller and Rosco Benson as writers.

G50AE

Quote from: Goatpacker on February-24-14 17:02
Ariat jeans from western stores down here have deep front pockets and a big watch pocket!!!

Another pocket watch fan?

Moderndayedison

I have found that for the most part looser fitting casual
slacks like Dockers or other similar type slacks work quite
well for carrying my BW Conversion. They fit looser than
jeans and the front pockets in many cases are more easily
accessible even when sitting down.

That was until I discovered that some camera cases with
belt clips on them work even better for carrying these
small pistols on your hip with the extra cylinder and a
few extra rounds of ammunition, without anyone
around you being none to the wise about what is
actually in it. Just don't offer to take anyone's picture.

Wal-Mart has a great selection of camera cases but my
advice is to make a cardboard blank for size comparison.
Taking your mini into Wal-Mart to size up a camera case
may get you thrown out of the place or arrested.

This goes for Walgreen's, CVS, or Wright-Aid stores as well.

-MDE
And Boom......There it was!!!!
https://www.gofundme.com/Carls-Shop

Kentucky Kevin

whatever pants I'm wearing has a holster grip clipped to each front pocket, they haven't expressed a preference
Jesus loves YOU all of you
"Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves."

JRobyn

Quote from: redhawk4 on February-21-14 15:02
I find Wrangler Jeans, the relaxed boot cut which I get at Walmart..... 

+1

I'm not a fan of spendy jeans (ok, I'm CHEAP), so Walmart Wranglers suit me just fine, and the watch pocket on them is a perfect fit for a Sidewinder mag with 1 -1/8".  Leaves just a bit frame above the grip exposed so it looks a little like a comb handle.  Now, if I had an afro, it would all fit together great!

- Jay

- Jay

gunfitrip

Costco 5 pocket jeans. Deep pockets, deep enough to carry a S&W model 66. My BW conversion is always with me and unnoticeable.

frimsure

swolf

I prefer a hoodie for easy access front pocket carry over a jeans carry. 

I just bought a cheapie Wally World zipper hoodie, and when I got home and put it on I discovered it has a NAA-sized pouch built into the right side hand pocket.  Holds a BW like it was designed to, and a nice snug fit that falls right under your hand in the regular outer pocket.  I'll have to go back and pick up a couple more in other colors.

I bought the NRA Concealment Hoodie a year ago.  I sent it back twice as seams fell apart or other quality issues.  It has adjustable Velcro pockets in the breast that provided holsters fit nicely into.  Their clip holders fit the NAA's well, but unfortunately the hoodie itself is crap and already looking ratty.