Whar about the ruger lcr

Started by dk, April-22-14 18:04

Previous topic - Next topic

dk

I was considering the taurus view however Mr.22`s experiences with it sounds a bit brutal.Has any of you guys shot the 38 special lcr. I have read the trigger on the lcr is very good and shooting it is agreeable.I am certainly not out on the view.Just checking the options.It will be interesting to see how Mr.22`s grip modification on the view goes.Thanks for any feedback guys.

TwoGunJayne

Yes, liked it.

An elderly relative absolutely hated it, but they also hate a 3" .357 loaded with .38spl with a huge Hogue rubber grip.

I kept mentioning it's because they insisted upon holding too high up on the grip, not placing the butt squarely in the meat of the hand.

Plastic .357, plastic .38, all-steel full underlug 3", the technique is the same. If a revolver is beating you up, try holding further down the grip.

That said, with the weight of the Taurus View, that sounds like it's just plain going to sting. Somehow, I think the LCR was a bit of the same way, but I found out a way to hold it that didn't beat the bejezus out of the web of my firing hand. I didn't buy one, just put a box through in one session. 50 rounds. It seemed to make my hands shake less than a Glock 27 .40. My hands are absolutely quivering after 12-18 rounds or so.

Just my .02 c.

I'm sure the Taurus View has a snappy recoil on the best of days. It's just physics.

dk

Jayne thanks for the feedback.In your opinion how was the trigger on the lcr compared to smith or colt or taurus double action revolvers.I figure it's probably not as good as a revolver tuned by a good smith but how does it compare to the others out of the box.

TwoGunJayne

My personal opinion:

Colt > Smith > LCR/Taurus tie.

The LCR in question had less than 200 rounds through it (and isn't my personal piece.) I'm sure it'd have smoothed up a bit more, perhaps ending up better than Taurus or Rossi.

Double action trigger is about what you'd expect, but no shortcoming to anyone with DA trigger practice.

A nice thing about that LCR is the DA trigger lets you snap cap train with no real training scars.

Less than 200 rounds through is basically "out of the box." It was acceptable.