Newbie needs advise.

Started by billybug, April-23-14 17:04

Previous topic - Next topic

billybug

A LGS has a EAGLE grip NAA magnum. The barrel looked to 1.5 ". Comes with a basket weave brown holster with a hammer loop. The gun has a heavy cylinder ring. All NIB. Alco it has the dreaded crooked crown. They wouldn't budge on price at around $420.00 OTD. Is this a setup from the factory? I really think it has been shoot alot more than the factory would do in QC. What would you all think? Thanks. Bill.

TwoGunJayne

You mean these? http://northamericanarms.com/accessories/m-accessories/m-grips/gee-m.html (closeout, $30, when available)

Or these? http://northamericanarms.com/accessories/accessories-all/geh-m.html ($40, still available.)

I'm wondering why that holster is so expensive with an 1 5/8 magnum only mini. If you hunted patiently and extremely hard, you could get a used 1 5/8 LR and another 1 5/8 MAG for that price, then tack on $$$ for the current eagle head grips and a holster of your choosing.

That's just my opinion. Perhaps that basket weave holster is really something extremely special. Is it collectible in some way? Just a "run-of-the-mill" mini, so to speak?

I think there are more questions to ask. More than one LGS has set the wrong price on a mini with an accessory or two.

I'm thinking that the setup isn't NIB, but beware... factory test fire does leave a bit of crap in the bore. Then again, unscrupulous LGSGs (local gun store guys) maybe played shoot-em-up and are trying to sell it as NIB.

Lifetime warranty to the current owner, shouldn't be too much of a worry... IF you like the price. I kinda don't unless there's more info forthcoming.

Important question: Do you even WANT the eagle grips, or are you just hunting for a 1 5/8" mag mini? If so, keep hunting.

billybug

Yep, the grips look like the second set you linked to. I was wonderin if this was a factory special of some kind. I agree, just find a mini in 22 mag with the longer barrel. The grips l wasn't to stokec about. The holster is really nice. Thanks. Bill.

dk

I would shop around some.You can find these models cheaper.

Goatpacker

The guy at the LGS is taking you for a DA and I prob would not be going back there. I may be wrong but you can get a sure fire brand new convertible and those grips and the holster for between $325 and $350. Unless I am missing something here on this deal.

As far as the crooked crown goes, it is something we just have to learn how to fix or deal with in some way till the factory gets their "s**t together" and the supply that has already on the market has depleted.

Dinadan

My opinion - that is way too much. Not even a conversion? I would say $280 would be not unreasonable. I suggest that you buy a conversion Mini and then decide what holsters and grips you may want. Grips and holsters are very personal preferences, and unless I see something that especially appeals to me, then anyone else's grips or holsters that may come with a gun add no value at all for me.

PaducahMichael

Quote from: Dinadan on April-23-14 19:04
My opinion - that is way too much. Not even a conversion? I would say $280 would be not unreasonable. I suggest that you buy a conversion Mini and then decide what holsters and grips you may want. Grips and holsters are very personal preferences, and unless I see something that especially appeals to me, then anyone else's grips or holsters that may come with a gun add no value at all for me.

+1
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

nastruck

Uncle_Lee

WOW, it looks like that dealer is trying to get rich quick.
Maybe he/she just doesn't know what they have.
Like the others have said, shop around.
You can find them a lot cheaper than that.
That is $100 more than a new one and that is after adding the grips and holster.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

RogueTS1

Quote from: nastruck on April-24-14 04:04
WAY TO MUCH!!!!

I second the motion! Way too much.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

grayelky

It is difficult to add anything meaningful at this point. The previous posters seem to have covered this price quite adequately. If the gun happens to be a Breaktop, send me the info on the Gunshop, so I can give him a piece of my mind.....

:)
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Goatpacker

Quote from: grayelky on April-25-14 04:04
It is difficult to add anything meaningful at this point. The previous posters seem to have covered this price quite adequately. If the gun happens to be a Breaktop, send me the info on the Gunshop, so I can give him a piece of my mind.....

:)

Yea, and I'll go with you just in case he was planning on taking advantage of more than one shopper!!!