vang grips

Started by single 5, April-24-14 12:04

Previous topic - Next topic

single 5

Hey guys, I'm new to posting but have been reading your posts for awhile. I am impressed by the knowledge here on the boards. I am curious about the vang grips. I have a bw in 22 mag and was wondering if you all who have them, like and would recomend them. Thanks!

Kevin55

Search this forum, you'll see lots of positive replies.  I have the folding grip on my 22lr or I would order one.

I find it puzzling that NAA doesn't offer a similar grip that is small, but adds one more finger on the grip.  Most grips are too small or too big.  Especially for the 22LR.

PugNStuff

I like the BW grips but don't care for the small birdshead grips of the other minis, great for concealing but I don't care for shooting with such small grips. The Vang grips provide a much better grip for shooting. My LR and one of my Pugs has them and I like them. After almost 20 years I have even started carrying my LR sometimes.
.22 LR 1-1/8
.22 M Blackjack
.22 M Pug D
.22 M Pug T
.22 M BlackWidow

G50AE

Quote from: single 5 on April-24-14 12:04
Hey guys, I'm new to posting but have been reading your posts for awhile. I am impressed by the knowledge here on the boards.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the kind words.  :)

grayelky

First, welcome to the forum!

I am one of the few on here who prefer the standard factory grips. I had read for about a year about how great the CVang grips are, but was concerned about of them being too bulky in my front pocket. I had an opportunity to handle a set and pocket carry them for a 10-15 minutes. I was very impressed. I found myself with some birthday present money, and ordered a set. As I type this, my Wasp is in my pocket with a set of CVang grips on it. I find the CVang grips are no bulkier than the Birds Head grips are. They provide a much better hold and, the gun points just as good as with the Birds Head grips. Yes, I do like them, and, I can recommend them.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

single 5

Thanks guys! I too really like the factory grips, so thats why I was hesitant on the vang grips. I wanted to avoid buyers remorse if you know what I mean. I think I will order a set soon. Thanks again!

Uncle_Lee

I like them also for the rock solid two finger grip they give me on the mini.
No fumbling and repositioning, trying to get the mini straight in my hand after each shot.
They also keep the middle finger out from behind the trigger. This way the trigger doesn't mash into the finger when you are squeezing the trigger. For me that makes a hard and sometimes painful trigger pull.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

engtee

I have the Vang grips on a Black Widow that I carry in a front pocket. Definitely less bulky than the original grips and able to get a better grip (without repositioning) than the birdshead grips.

TwoGunJayne

I only really like Bird's head grips on the .22 short only since it's trying to be the smallest of the small.

Next size up for me is the boot grips.

I'm really fond of the "oversize" aka "secret service" grips such as on the Black Widow or Mini Master.

Every time a Vang thread comes up, I remember how I need to order a few sets.

dk

Single 5.You came to the right place for anything North American Arms.I highly recommend the vang grips they fit great in the hand.I have them on my sheriff and now have them on my BW .I don't think you will be disappointed if you try a pair.

kingt

I have the Vang grips on a BW and two Rangers.  They are very good and provide great stability.  The recovery after each shot is little or none.  I originally had the old fashion BW rubber grips with the more squared off look.  They filled up the hand well but they were bulky.  The Vang are much more streamlined and just as effective.

PaducahMichael

Where can you get cVang grips?
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

single 5

Thanks for the welcome DK and everyone else! I am currently re-building my gun funds as they have become low. I'll be around, and maybe add some pics soon. Godbless :)