Rimfire

Started by ricart, January-31-11 18:01

Previous topic - Next topic

ricart

I may have to change my name on this board to Rimfire. I  have been "cleaning our" my gun collection for some time until I started buying NAA products 6 months ago.  Today I made the mistake of going to my local gun store and laying there in the counter was a Ruger Single Six convertible.  That in itself is not a big deal but this one was a 4 5/8: stainless steel model.  Ruger no longer offers this barrel length in this model.  So, I sold 2 more of my center fire guns that I no longer shoot, (range fees and ammo prices, even reloading is expensive) and added another rimfire.  Not bad, still cut down my collection by one and got a few bucks in my pocket.

cedarview kid

I HATE IT when a gun dealer has MY GUN in their display case. Oh, wait. No, I LOVE THAT. Oh wait, I both LOVE IT and HATE IT. LOL. Isn't it strange how having MY GUN in their store costs ME money?!

Congrats on your new purchase.

traveller

If buyers remorse gets too unbearable, let me know.  I've been looking for one of those!

airplinker

Me too. Rimfires are all Im shooting these days. And theres all lot of them to tempt me to buy.

ricart

Hey Traveller, They had another one (also new in box) in stock.  I almost bought it too, but had spent my months budget for guns.  If you are interested, it is at McBrides Guns in Austin, Texas.  It marked at $469.  I wish someone would buy it before I go and put it on lay-a-way.  I had intended to buy another NAA mini, but as Ruger doesn't make the 4 5/8" barrel stainless convertible anymore, put off the NAA till March.

pvq

I guess I'll need to change my name to "rimfire2". Three out of my last four purchases were rimfire as well. I don't want to shoot up my supply of centerfire due largely to cost. Plus...the older I get...the more I appreciate the multiple virtues of the 22 LR/22 WMR rounds.

ricart

Forget it Traveller, there yesterday, gone today.

louiethelump

There is a regular on the Ruger Forum that has them, and a few other variations for $449 shipped.  

here is the ad in case anyone is interested in the rare 4 5/8" SS single six:

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=108111">http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=108111
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"