Hand spring question/problem

Started by fredg, June-17-11 16:06

Previous topic - Next topic

fredg

I just replaced my main spring on my 2 week old mini mag, now I am thinking my hand spring might be broken.

Question: With the cylinder removed and then pulling the hammer back, when the hand comes out should it spring back when pushed in? I can push mine in and it stays in, it acts like it free floats and has no spring.

Sometimes when I cycle the gun with the cylinder installed it will get in a place that the cylinder will not turn then if I pull the hammer back hard it will turn the cylinder.

Most times it works right and I have to fiddle with it to get it into the place where it will not turn when I pull the hammer back.

So can someone check their mini and see if the hand feels like it has spring pressure or not?

Thanks!

Fred

coinchop

There should be spring pressure holding the hand out when the hammer is cocked. Call NAA and tell them and they will have you send it back on their nickle. They pay shipping for two years from when gun is made.../

fredg

Thanks Coinchop! I was tempted to try and take it apart myself but have decided against it.

fredg

Update-

Got the UPS shipping number from NAA and shipped it back on 6-21-2011

NAA received it on 6-24-2011

NAA shipped back on 7-8-2011

Got it back today, 7-12-2011 repaired, hand spring replaced.

Not to bad, NAA had my gun for 14 days, gone 20 days total. Had the 4th of July long weekend in there as well.  

Can't complain about that!

jstanfield103

Smart move NAA has the best customer service of them all. Now just shoot the heck out of it and enjoy

fredg

Yeah, I was super tempted to take it apart myself. I called NAA and spoke to gunsmith Dustin who was great to talk to and very helpful.

He said he could give me some tips and tricks if I wanted to try it myself, but also said my warranty would be void if I did. So I chose the safe bet and sent it in.