Favorite Firearms Quotes

Started by mndoug, June-21-11 04:06

Previous topic - Next topic

yzingerr

Ive got a colt 45.

The gun or the drink?

Uncle_Lee

I did a copy and paste. Some are all ready here.

Shooting Advice:

Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not to protect you.  

Never let someone or thing that threatens you get inside arm's length and never say "I've got a gun".  If you feel you need to use deadly force for heaven's sake let the "first sound they hear be the safety clicking off", and they shouldn't have time to hear anything after that if you are doing your job.  

'The average response time of a 911 call is over 23 minutes... the response time of a .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second.'

Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch, is a drill instructor (Thunder Ranch is a firearms training facility in Arizona). Here are a few of his observations on tactics, firearms, self-defense and life as we know it in the civilized world.

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way.."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, because it's going to be empty."

"If you're not shooting', you should be loading'. If you're not loading', you should be moving', if you're not moving', someone's going to cut your head off and put it on a stick."

"When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel or the tooth fairy... and you're going to be one of 'em pretty soon."

"Do something. It may be wrong, but do something."  

"Shoot what's available, as long as it's available, until something else becomes available."

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for?"

"Don't shoot fast, unless you also shoot well."

"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work, but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems.. How long you live, depends on how well you do it."

"You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family."

"Thunder Ranch will be here as long as you'll have us or until someone makes us go away, and either way, it will be exciting."

More Excellent Gun Wisdom...  

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3. I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'

6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'

8. Beware of the woman who only has one gun, because she probably knows how to use it very well.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..." - Thomas Jefferson.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

silvershooter

1) maybe already said but:   God made man, Sam Colt made them equal.

2) from the movie Men in Black:

Kay---"noisy cricket"

Jay---"come on man, you get a series 4 De-atomizer and I get a little midget cricket?....I feel like I'm gonna break this d*** thing."

3) Al Pacino: "Say hello to my little friend"

4) Danny Glover in Silverado holding two Henry Rifles: "I think this oughta do."

mndoug

UNCLE LEE --> I think you win!  

jswi2374

Here are a few of my favorites:

"Pink Pistols- gay, not limp wristed." Too funny!

"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I only love that which they defend" JRR Tolkien, The Two Towers. So true.  

"Peace through superior firepower" T-shirt. Because I'm really a peacefull guy...

Each of these has been the background of my school issued laptop over the years. Our IT Dept. loves me...

tom

Si vis pacem, para bellum, Vitruvius

If you wish peace, prepare for war.  Note the last two words of the Latin.

bbgun

Lawyer:  Officer, why did you shoot this man five times?

Officer:  I only had a five-shooter.

bustedknee

"I am old, sick, and tired of living. If you feel the need to mess with me, go right ahead."  

My Uncle, with his hand on his pistol, talking to a troublemaker.
"That little gun is just to get ya to yer big gun."
My Grandad.

dbcooper222

"Boy, owning a gun is NOT a right, it's an OBLIGATION for every free man who wishes to remain that way, don't ever forget it."

Dale F. Blair - Survivor of Pearl Harbor,

Midway,Leyte Gulf, and my Grandfather

mndoug

BUSTEDKNEE --> That is a GREAT one... I want that on a t-shirt.

red14

Welcome to the forum, Troodon.  Nice Raptor.
''I'm a humble man, indeed, I have a lot to be humble for.''

swolf

Did we actually forget this one:

"I will give up my gun when you pry my cold, dead hands from around it."

Moses (In the Bible someplace I think....)

grayelky

Troodon-

Welcome to the forum!

The first rule of gun fighting: Have a gun!

When I was a detective and had to interview a prisoner inside the jail, we were required to turn our weapon(s) over to the admin Deputies for safe keeping. After handing him my issued Glock 23, my issued Glock 27, my Charter Arms .44 Bulldog, my NAA 22 lr and my pocket knife, he asked:

Dang it man, how many guns do you carry?!"

My reply "If all goes well, one more than I need."
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

hazmatt

I'm very surprised we haven't seen this one yet:

"Good . . . bad . . . I'm the guy with the gun."

-Ash (Bruce Campbell) "Army of Darkness"

dbcooper222

This is my BOOM STICK!  Army of Darkness

wyn

Quote from will Munny in "Unforgiven". "It's a funny thing killing a man, you take away all he has and all he's ever going to be".

blitzkrieger

Yeah I'll give em my guns, bullets first...

This one I saw on a picture of a 1911, the caption below it said: .45, because anything less is just silly.

zippovarga

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective."  

Ted Nugent

"Excuse me while I whip this out."

Eddy Murphy, 48 hours

son: Uncle Dave, you sure are a great shot

BIL: I practice alot. Ill always be able to beat your dad

son: If I go stand by the targets (100 yards) can you hit an apple in my hand

BIL: Nope, but I can make you drop it................

Author Unknown

Henry Fonda "You're wearing your guns too high."

Anthony Perkins "Sheriff Parker wore his guns this way!"

Fonda "Parker's dead."

coopercdrkey

"Excuse me while I whip this out"

Clevon Little, Blazing Saddles

(Get it right, Zippo....)
NAA Black Widow
Bersa T380
NAA Guardian .32
Henry H001

Kevin

"Nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot!" Harry Callahan in Magnum Force.  

"When the man with a 45. meets the man with a Winchester, the man with a pistol is a dead man." Ramon Rojo in A Fistful of Dollars

seeker

I'll be your Huckleberry

val kilmer...in tombstone
Satyameva Jayate

jesserk

"Sixty-five percent of the people murdered in the last ten years were killed by handguns!"

"Would it make you feel any better, little goil, if they was pushed outta windows?" -Archie Bunker

http://youtu.be/GzFWRPiNXOI">http://youtu.be/GzFWRPiNXOI

bustedknee

"That little gun is just to get ya to yer big gun."
My Grandad.

RogueTS1

"I said I never had much use for one. I never said I didn't know how to use one."  Matthew Quigley from "Quigley Down Under."
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

fistmil

Saw this on a bumper sticker. "Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun".

PaducahMichael

Lawyer: "Mr. Cogburn, is it not true that you sprang upon the victim with your gun loaded and cocked?"

Rooster Cogburn: "Well, if it ain't loaded and cocked it won't shoot!"
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

redhawk4

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine." —Abraham Lincoln
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

PaducahMichael

Quote from: redhawk4 on February-22-14 10:02
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine." —Abraham Lincoln

I see what you did there. - Anonymous
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

blue_heron

Jeff Cooper (May 10, 1920 – September 25, 2006) said; "Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician".

heyjoe

jeff cooper hit the nail on the head with that one
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

ikoiko

"Can I move? I'm better when I move."
Robert Redford as Sundance Kid.

Kevin55

One slug per thug.
Single shot with a 45 vs double tap with 9mm

Rec.guns
Young man comes to pick up my daughter.  I tell him, "son I own a shotgun and a shovel, please don't make me use them.  You will bring her home on time and in the same condition you left with her."

Burglar
First dial 911, then order a pizza.  If you live in a bad neighborhood, the pizza delivery guy will be armed and might get there first.  If the cops show up first, invite them to stick around.  Cops need to eat and you'll be a hit when the pizza arrives.

G50AE

Quote from: jupiter7 on June-21-11 16:06
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."

- Clint Eastwood

Movie = Pink Cadillac

Bigbird48

Javier C.

QuoteThe Marine Corps spent good money putting sights on your weapons for a reason!
The next man I see shooting blindly from behind a rice dike will get my boot up his ass! >:(

Yours truly, in RVN - 1968