Hello/My first NAA Mini

Started by carl_h_sr_58, June-25-11 12:06

Previous topic - Next topic

carl_h_sr_58

Hi All.

Carl J. Humphreys Sr. in Navarre Fl here,and I am new to NAA discussion board and ownership!

My oldest daughter bought me a brand spankin' new

Mini for my birthday (Sunday,June 26).

She won't let me open it until midnight!!!

We have had it here at the house since the 23rd.

It is a NAA-22 MC,which has a 1 5/8" barrel,.22LR and .22 Magnum cylinders,and the coolest locking,

belt-clip,holster/grip.

I look forward to 'meeting' y'all,and I hope I can find my way back to this thing called a thread.

May God bless you and yours with much Joy,

Hope,and Love,

Carl

westerly1965

Carl Welcome To The Forum!!  Glad you got your first of many NAA's they are addictive...

louiethelump

Welcome Carl!  Glad to have another Floridian on the board.............  (we should be able to take over soon....)  I am in Hernando County south of Bushnell and east of Brooksville.

I am Louie and at times public enemy number one.  Don't take it seriously.  All in fun here.

And pay no attention at all to my evil twin......
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

westerly1965

carl_h_sr_58

Thanks for the welcome West and Louie.

I am in Northwest Florida.I live a few miles East of Pensacola,far enough from the city that I can

use rim-fire rifles in my back yard.

Though I have to be conservative with my shooting and what loads I use. I almost spoiled that by shooting any of my guns and calibers out back,

after we got some new neighbors about a half mile away. They are apparently afraid of the noise

that has been going on here for the last few decades.

Fortunately,I just happen to know someone very close who has an indoor range to keep the noise down,and still be able to shoot handguns in center-fire and .22 also.

Peace,

Carl

bud

My daughters NEVER bought me a gun before!!!

My wife bought me a browning auto 5 12ga. years ago,but I like this new concept of you kids buying something that nice!!

carl_h_sr_58

Hi Bud.Cool wife you have there!

My three children are pretty much grown-up now,

but they have all been shooting since they were old enough to handle their first B-B gun.

Oh yeah,last year for my B-day I got a .380

semi-auto,with three seven-round magazines!

wyn

patriotjoe

Welcome to the forum Carl. There are a lot of my holsters in Florida. Probably more than any other state.

carl_h_sr_58

Hello Wyn.

And thank you for the welcome.

Dinadan

Carl - welcome! I am seriously trying to remember the last time I got such a cool  

birthday present. Maybe my first single shot .22 rifle back in 1963? I am

guessing that tomorrow will be a fun day!

cedarview kid

Welcome to the cult! Hope you feel welcome here. :-)

bleak_window

Welcome from NE Florida Carl.

silvershooter

carl, you've found a good place to ask questions about your new NAA and share your personal experiences. You'll find a variety of opinions but mostly we all appreciate the finely made NAA revolvers and firearms in general. Feel free to post any pictures if you're able. Happy birthday.

jcoop1

Hi Carl, welcome to the forum!

tom

Welcome from Wyoming, Carl

charlie817

Welcome from Georgia carl

ebg

Carl are you close to Harold FL

Thanks

EBG

Randy

Welcome Carl, from Georgia. Congratulations on the convertible. And... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

grayelky

First,

Welcome to the forum!

next,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY you old geezer!!!

So, have you figured out what your next Mini will be?
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

skarrd

and a south Texas welcome also Carl,i'm gonna show your post to my daughter,maybe.......

anyway,glad to have ya on board.

and along with Grayelky Happy Birthday!

red14

Welcome to the forum, Carl from the NE part of the state.  Nice little guns.  Good group of people.
''I'm a humble man, indeed, I have a lot to be humble for.''

bbgun

Carl, welcome from The Villages, FL.  Wish we had a place to shoot like that.  You'll love these guys on here. It's a must read for me every day.

carl_h_sr_58

What a welcome wagon y'all have here!!!

I will try to get back on here in the next day or so and 'speak' to/with each of you.

THANK YOU BIG !  Peace,Carl

heyjoe

welcome to the board Carl, from a yankee!
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

zippovarga

Welcome from Indiana Carl! I guess we're considered the North Floridians eh? lol

Your first is the same as the one I started out with. Now I have a bakers Dozen! When (not if) you get a second. Keep them separated!!! They Multiply when left unsupervised.  

As for a nice plinking round that makes less noise than a pellet gun, try the Aguila .22 Super Colibri. They are a primer propelled 20 grain projectile. No powder, just primer. Don't use them in a Rifle though....I've heard stories of them failing to make it down the barrel.  

And, lastly.....Happy Birthday!!

cedarview kid

Minis are like potato chips. You can't stop with just one. Before you know it, the bag is empty.

With my new .32NAA, I think I have 34 NAA firearms. Or maybe it's 35. Lost count again. Time for a new photo.

blitzkrieger

Welcome from southern Utah Carl.

Zippo, if I may... I have found the super colibri's not quite that quiet out of my mini or my p22, still gives off a good "pop". Although it does give warning right on the box to not run them through a rifle, they come out of my marlin model 25 nice and quiet. So quiet that only the action of the firing pin and bullet impact are heard. Makes it nice for suburban backyard plinking. Oops, did I say that. LOL

yzingerr

Welcome, happy belated birthday, congrats on your new pistol, and stick around as you will see that there are a lot of good folks here!

jstanfield103

We all would like to see a picture of it. It's kinda like women, even after seeong several over a life time you still want to see more of them.

grayelky

Birthday boy- ( )

I trust you have gotten a chance to open your birthday present by now. Have you shot it yet?
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

zippovarga

Blitz, I agree that they are not whisper quiet, but they are a far cry from even a CCI CB Short rounds report coming from the Minis. A Half mile away, I think Carl's neighbor would be a might less concerned about the noise coming from his back yard plinking.  

Is the Marlin a Carbine? The shorter barrels wouldn't be as prone to getting a round stuck in them, but I sure would be cautious even with a Ruger Charger. How is the accuracy with the Aguila round coming from the Marlin? My favorite plinking pistol with the Aguila is my 1958 Colt Frontier Scout. I can typically nail the head of a spent cartridge at 20-25 feet. (I'll not admit to doing this with a live round, BUT...lol) Cheers Blitz!!

westerly1965

Lol zip we used to do that with shotgun shells with only primers in them always a good time.  The super colibris fire just fine out of my henry survival rifle.  They won't work the action but the come out with more then enough zip to not get stuck and our quieter then a pellet pistol.

blitzkrieger

Yes they definitely do not have the report of a powder charged round ;)

The Marlin is not a carbine, it is though Marlins copy of the old Glenfield model 25. Bolt action 7 round magazine, cannot give actual barrel length at this time as I drive truck over the road but will say it is of "average" rifle barrel length. I did some extensive customizations to it over the years, sanded down and reshaped the basic looking stock, tapered down the forward part and fit the pistol grip to my hand with fade in 1/2 wrap finger grooves, a slight thumb channel and another slight channel leading my trigger finger to the trigger, finishing the stock with clearcoat only over the sexy looking maple wood. Removed all the blueing and polished it to a mirror finish, cut off the rear sight at the base just beyond the dovetail and reinstalled only for aesthetics. Butted right up to the cutoff rear sight I (drilled and tapped) a Thompson Center Contender fibre optic rear sight and replaced the front with the matching TC Contender fibre optic front sight. Quite the nice transformation to the first firearm I got for Christmas when I was 11. (You'll shoot yer eye out kid... LOL)

Accuracy is of the most excellent decency with stingers, vipers, velocitors etc. Walmart bulk pack ammo is just trash out of anything as we all are very familiar with but the super colibri, as low powered as they are, need not to mention their average of approx. 350 fps., they are not too shabby out to about 100 or so feet. The only problem I have with all Aguila ammo is the extreme fouling factor from the priming.

blitzkrieger

Sorry to Carl for the off topic rambling, but I had a question to answer. LOL