My Pocket Holster

Started by kanuist, June-27-11 14:06

Previous topic - Next topic

kanuist

Finally got around to taking a picture of the pocket holster I made last week for my new NAA Wasp.  I really like the way it looks and the way it fits the thigh pocket of my carpenter jeans.  

What do you think?  

louiethelump

I LIKE IT!!!  I have a Wasp just like that!  Want to sell one just like it?

Louie
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

grayelky

Seems to fit the shape of the gun much better than I had envisioned. Nice work!
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

kanuist

Louie,  No plans to start making holsters.  I'm too busy with other projects for my self and keeping up my skills playing 9 ball.

I've been working with leather since I was a kid and I really enjoy it.  I tried something different on this one.  I usually hand stitch my leather work, but this time I used blue jean rivets (just hammer together).  After molding the leather to the gun, I used 5 minute epoxy to bond the edges together.  Last step was several coats of "tan kote".  This firms up the leather into what I call natures kydex.

louiethelump

That is the way it looks.  If you change your mind, let me know.  I like it.

Thanks
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

patriotjoe

Good looking holster.

silvershooter

I like how it completely covers the hammer.

kanuist

Thanks.  Yea I wantef the hammer to be covered.

skarrd

awesome.i like it.5 min epoxy,hmmmm,i'll have to give that a try.and were do you get the *blue jean rivets*?really do like the outlineing,,

cedarview kid

That's totally awesome. I'd love one of those for my .22 Magnum Buntline. :-)

kanuist

I tried 5 minute epoxy a few years ago on a belt after I had problems with Barge cement.  You would think it would be too stiff, but it remains flexible.

The rivets can be found at http://www.castbullet.com/rivet.htm">www.castbullet.com/rivet.htm  I find them easier to use than traditional leathercraft rivets and you don't need a setter tool.

skarrd

cool,and chicago screws too.thanks for the link.

steeltraveler

I am looking for inside the pants holster/cell phone holder combination for my 32ACP Guardian.  I know that Bulldog makes one, but the cell phone holder is 3 1/2" x 4 1/2".  Way to big!  Can anyone steer me to the appropriate brand. Any help would be appreciated.