Uh oh....Holster Grip broke

Started by Boom, November-15-14 21:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Boom

Not sure how this happened at all.   Was shooting Armscor HV 22lr today.  Nothing hot.  Third shot, the frame flipped up higher than normal.  When i looked at it, i saw this.   This is my second Mini with the HG.   First one has hundreds of rds without breaking.   This one is two weeks old.   I emailed NAA.  I hope they replace this, as it is almost new!

Javier C.

Boom, don't 'hope' they'll replace it, expect them to honor the warranty which came with the gun.  They will anyway because the are customer oriented, and the best advertising is word of mouth.

They will probably ask for the gun to be shipped back.  Do it.  It is worth the effort.  It is a most unusual breakage, and could be from a defective casting, or poor plastic formulation in the mix.  It will be up to them to determine what went wrong.

I also have the Holster/grip on one of my .22magnum revolvers.  That is a bit hotter than the Long Rifle, so I'm hoping your problem is just a fluke.  If not, I can always get a different grip for it, and retire the holster/grip.  Would be a shame though if it did happen, since I can slip mine into a shirt pocket, put a spiral notebook in front of it, and nave nothing printing through the pocket material.

Best of luck with getting this resolved.

Boom

Well, I can't see shipping the gun back since the holster grip is available as an add on and user replaceable.  The grip itself maybe, but not the whole gun.  Either way, I can't use it til I get new grips. :(

Uncle_Lee

Give them a call and they will probably send you another grip.

The old saying:
"They don't makeum like they used to."
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Javier C.

Quote from: Boom on November-16-14 01:11
Well, I can't see shipping the gun back since the holster grip is available as an add on and user replaceable.  The grip itself maybe, but not the whole gun.  Either way, I can't use it til I get new grips. :(
I wrote that because the mini I have with a holster/grip was that way when I first opened the box.  It came with the holster/grip already installed.  There was no birdhead set of grips on it.  Perhaps I erred in understanding, and presumed your mini also came with the holster/grip factory installed, when it didn't.  You didn't make that clear in your original remark.

Do what you feel you must.  Good luck.

Boom

It did come with the holster grip pre installed.  It is the same grip though, isn't it?  As the one sold separately?
Sorry for any confusion

Javier C.

You are quite correct, boom.  It is the same.  I've swapped mine between my two Mini-Mags, and had it work well on either one.  Just make sure you don't order the grip for the Magnum revolvers if you have a Long Rifle one.  There seems to be a difference between the grips for each caliber variation, otherwise NAA would not sell two separate versions of the same thing.

Boom

Yes, thank you.   Aware of frame differences.    If i had my Druthers, i'd have a set of the Cvang grips on it, but i can't seem to find them for 22lr versions. 

On a side note, are the oversize wood grips for the 22lr versions the same size as Black Widow grips?

Javier C.

Cannot answer that one.  I have neither of those particular revolvers.  Someone else may have the answer you seek.

ikoiko

Looks like CVang only offers one grip now. .22 mag in plastic.

Uncle_Lee

"On a side note, are the oversize wood grips for the 22lr versions the same size as Black Widow grips?"

No, the Black Widow is the magnum frame.

God, Country, & Flag

Boom

I know that.  I want to know if the external dimensions of the oversize grips are same or similar to those on Black Widow.   I know they are for different frames.   

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag

tocsn40

I have both lr and mag and they both look the same. Internally they are dif. 
I wish lr was a scaled down for the look is large on the lr and I do not like it
Tocsn40

Boom

Exactly what I needed to know.  Thank you.

Also got a reply from NAA.  They are replacing the grip no problem.

Happy happy happy