NAA Fan List

Started by cedarview kid, July-05-11 13:07

Previous topic - Next topic

cedarview kid

In this month's Soapbox, Sandy wrote:

"In a group of a little more than 30 individuals, more than 20 have been at NAA for over 10 years, more than 15 – half - have been here for at least 20 years, and five (including Ken at 31 and Carl at 35) have been here for more than 30 years.  "

YAY FOR NAA EMPLOYEES! We salute you! Nay, we worship thee, thou creators of such unsurpassed quality!

In a similar fashion, how about we list the dedicated fans of NAA? I bought my first NAA, a Black Widow combo, in about 1999. That gives me about 12 years with NAA. I now have (and I'm guessing here)  about 35 NAA firearms.

Who else is a long-term, or even a short-term, fan of NAA? Everybody chime in!

Dar

jupiter7

After an exhaustive search for a uber small 22lr that was pocketable and most importantly RELIABLE, i found my way to NAA. I'd say I first saw them in a magazine in 94-96 era, owner since 2009. Love it, carry it, trust it. Thanks guys!

rhett

Newbie here!!! in 2010 got mine as a gift from my FFL guy, well almost, I paid Tax and shipping to complete the paper work. Not rich now, I will buy more when I do get rich. Not a Conceal Carry guy, but having it to work the farm is comfort city and no permit needed. Feral critters are becoming a pain, plus I hate venomous snakes.

pocketcarry

picked my inch andd 5/8 in the mid eightys. always have one in my pocket.
"In every day carry no handgun is small enough. In a gunfight no handgun is big enough."

grayelky

I got my first one, a 1 1/8 LR in 1977. I now have a total of 7. However, they are still making them, and, according to the Soapbox, something different is in the works. Maybe #8?
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

kywaterdog

I finally bought my first mini (Wasp Magnum 1 5/8") in April of this year.  Since then, I have acquired two Guardians (32 acp and 380 acp).  It's like potato chips, you can't stop with just one.

silvershooter

Can't remember exactly but probably first discovered NAA from a gun magazine. Got a 22M BlackWidow maybe 8 years ago. I've added another for my wife, plus the Earl and a Pug. All GREAT guns. They fill my need for an everyday SD gun. I hope NAA is still around in 50 years making them. Thanks to everyone at NAA.

blitzkrieger

Bought mine in 2000. Had wanted one since I was a kid when i saw one in the glass display at a gun store back in the early 80's

coinchop

22 short---Mid 70s.

Now have a bunch.../

tocsn40

My first mini was a 1 5/8 mag  w/LR cyl.  

Somewhere around 1990 that went to my son an  

I have three more now I will get more as time  

An money alow
Tocsn40

heyjoe

my first NAA was a 32 acp guardian which was part of a group buy at work with a custom serial number. i cant remember off the top of my head the exact year, 1997? 1998?
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

Uncle_Lee

I bought a pair of 22 short minis in 1976 and played with them for about a year and put them in the safe. I didn't remember them or who made them until 2009 when I bought a pair of Earls. I was into black powder revolvers and the Earl was the neatest looking little thing that I had ever seen.  

I fell in love with NAA minis and bought a pair of NAA-22MCs. When I was looking them over I remembered the minis in the safe. I dug them out and to my joy they were made by NAA.

I can't say that I have been loyal and faithful to NAA since 1976 but that is when I got my first ones. 2009 is when I REALLY got into them.

I now have 26 NAA products, 22 revolvers and 4 Guardians.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

tranquilo

My first NAA mini, a .22 mag, was purchased in 1980 (still have it & the gun shop receipt).  In 1984 I bought a .22lr (still have it also & the receipt).  These were my everyday carry until 2009 when two Black Widows joined the family.

alzruger

Well, let's see. I have a 32 Guardian, a 380 Guardian, a 1 1/8 conv, a 1 5/8 conv, a Pug conv, a Black Widow conv, a Mini Master conv.   That's just 7. Guess I'm just a simi-fan.

cedarview kid

Sounds like a full-fledged fan to me, Alz!

heyjoe

hanging my head in shame i only have 4
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

cedarview kid

4 is 4 more than most people on earth. Good on you! ;)

skarrd

i only have 4,but i really like all of them however*stubby*has become my favorite,and it seems to be a little more accurate than the 1 5/8's barreled one,the BW is my river walking gun{when i look for arrowheads and such]the pug and 1 5/8are mostly safe queens for now,,,,

wdy

I've Got Fifteen need more

cedarview kid

Thanks, all. That was fun.

sleddogn

bought my first one a .17 mach 2 back in 2007

cedarview kid

Wow, that's unusual, Sled. First was a .17. Cool. Still got it? I think I have two .17 Mach 2's.

blitzkrieger

I want a .17 mach 2 mini.

Uncle_Lee

I also want a .17 Mach 2 mini, cause I don't have one of those.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

cedarview kid

Good luck finding them, guys. I used to see them for sale once in awhile, hence my purchases. But not any more. You might end up getting one for double the price on GunBroker. :-(

I'm keeping mine.

Keep checking and you might find one. There's bound to be one come up once in awhile.

xflash

I've had one off and on for a long time, did,nt use much just liked to show to people who were mostly amazed by the size. But took a real interest in the last year as I bought 6 more.

blitzkrieger

I am sure if i keep my eyes open I will find one at a pawn shop for a decent price.

jeffrey

Wow some of you folks have a pile of the little guys.  Only three here, two very old unfired .22 short models and my daily carry piece a short barrel .22 mag.

blitzkrieger

Shoosh Jeffrey! , you are making me feel like the odd man out because I only have one. lol

cedarview kid

ODD MAN ALERT! ;)

blitzkrieger

Naa Collector, it seems you either have too much money or too much time on your hands..... Or both, LOL. You should sell me your mach 2 at a reasonable price of say the $200.00 range. I will give it a happy home and show it lots o love. ;) whaddya think? That way I can join the club of owning more than just one.....plus, one I want that is no longer in production. I always wanted a super powered pellet gun that fit in the palm of my hand. LOL

blitzkrieger

And after just reading your post in the serial # thread, I'll put a bid on the .17 BW. :o

blitzkrieger

I promise I won't let it roll out of the front of my hand while cocked and toe pop it to save the fall, won't let it fall out of the holster as I am running after a bunny and won't shoot out my windshield with it....... LOL

jcoop1

Blitkrieger, don't feel too bad I only have two of the little beauties.... My 22lr and my 22magnum pug that I recently purchased and have not fired yet. So I guess we are both odd men! lol

cedarview kid

LOL Blitz. I have perhaps some of both. The thing is, I've been collecting NAA's for 12 years now. If you only get 2 or 3 per year, you end up having the number that I do. It ends up being easier than you think.

I also bought most of them in local sales, including ALL of my .17's. And I generally don't pay a premium price for something I buy. If I see a good deal, I pick it up. Too high, I pass. Pretty much all of my .17's were purchases for less than I think what they were worth (especially give that they were no longer made when I bought them).

I also had a job in Vegas where they probably did pay me too much (is there such a thing???) but that job is over. Working in Vegas was a blessing and a curse and I'm both sad and happy that it's over.