Seecamp 32

Started by Jim1392, December-31-14 09:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim1392

Anyone here own one? Whats is the good, bad and ugly on these guns. They caught my interest and seem to have a very loyal following on their forums.

sopsax

I have one - and I've carried it every day since I bought it. That would be over 15 years now. It resides in a leather back-pocket holster behind my retirement ID/badge. The only time I don't have it with me is on commercial airplanes or trips out of the USA.

My only negative is that it requires shorter rounds - it will not function with the standard FMJ ammo. I carry Winchester Silvertips in it (the round recommended by the manufacturer) and they work just fine. Given the scarcity of ammo in the marketplace these days, I have not experimented with other loads but I assume that other brands of .32ACP JHP ammo will work in it if they are the same overall length as the Silvertips.

I've seen Seecamps for sale at a local store - and at a price a lot lower than when I bought mine. When I bought mine (late 1990's) they were rare and when I came upon several at a local store (on consignment by a speculator), I jumped at one regardless of the high price on it. I'm glad I did - I could afford it and it has been with me since then.

FWIW, I also have an NAA Guardian .380 - similar to the Seecamp but not nearly as well finished, a little bigger and heavier, and not as reliable. sopsax

OLD and GRUMPY

@sopsax  Might be time to load your own at least for range ammo. You can set OAL. One pound of powder will last a long time in something as small as a .32.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

sopsax

Old & Grumpy: Been there, done that. Gave away all of my reloading equipment years ago (before the recent ammo shortages). At this stage of my life, I am not going to get back into re-loading. I have sufficient ammo supplies to win the war. When I was a COP in another state, we had a nice outdoor range that I was at almost every afternoon after I was finished for the day . . . shot up LOTS of ammo in those days. But when I moved back into the city, my shooting involves an occasional trek to indoor ranges and they have suitable ammo for my purposes. sopsax