Sandy, succinctly short, Shorty suggestion.

Started by red14, January-22-15 07:01

Previous topic - Next topic

red14

I would like to see a new grip for the Shorty.  A smaller version of the over-size rubber grips.  A very small extra extension so another finger could be used would make a huge difference.  An extra 3/4" would not make a big difference on concealment, and would give the holder a substantial increase in purchase of the weapon.

I use the larger rubber grips on my other NAA's and the increase in accuracy is tremendous.   I am not exaggerating!  Just take any large frame mini-revolver, shoot with original grips, then over-size rubber grips, and accuracy will increase exponentially.  With over-size grips, I can shoot, cock the hammer, and shoot with one hand.  Without the over-size grips, I have to use two hands. 

Heaven forbid I am ever in a self-defense situation, but using one hand might be the difference.
''I'm a humble man, indeed, I have a lot to be humble for.''

Sandy

This http://northamericanarms.com/accessories/l-accessories/l-grips/grw-l.html will fit the short, as will all LR grips.  Not sure why we don't have it in oversized rubber ...

teaspoon

I would also like a larger grip in rubber for my shorty since I carry it all the time. I second this one in rubber also for the short. I love this grip on my Black widow :) its the cat's pajamas!!

red14

Quote from: Sandy on January-22-15 17:01
This http://northamericanarms.com/accessories/l-accessories/l-grips/grw-l.html will fit the short, as will all LR grips.  Not sure why we don't have it in oversized rubber ...

Thank you sir, for responding so quickly! 

It might be an option, if I didn't have extremely dry hands, and Rheumatoid Arthritis has taken my strength away from my hands.  Any wood grips are too slippery for me.  The rubber really helps me hold on.  I have rubber grips on all my revolvers.  I really appreciate your honesty, and hope the over-size rubber grips will be a new adaptation.

Ialso want to complement you on hiring such a great representative in Jessica, she is just an awesome person to deal with.

grayelky

red
Get the wood grip and an old bicycle inner tube. Cut a section to cover the grips and slip it on. If it is a little loose, use a hair drier to warm it, and shrink it to fit.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Kentucky Kevin

shame they don't make a floppy wobbler for it, I have them on four of my carry grips and that allowed me to have golbball accuracy out to 20 feet
hopefully my surgeon will have that when he removes my brain tumor tom
Jesus loves YOU all of you
"Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves."

red14

Quote from: Hardtackwon on January-25-15 05:01
shame they don't make a floppy wobbler for it, I have them on four of my carry grips and that allowed me to have golbball accuracy out to 20 feet
hopefully my surgeon will have that when he removes my brain tumor tom

I've had a Brain Scan, they couldn't find anything.   ::)

tocsn40

it is nice to seevyou on th board. I love your mini wounders as much as the next guy. but why are the over sized secret service grips one size but the boot grips are proportioned to the lr? I would like a set of secret service grips sized down for long rifle. 
Tocsn40

red14

Quote from: tocsn40 on January-25-15 07:01
it is nice to seevyou on th board. I love your mini wounders as much as the next guy. but why are the over sized secret service grips one size but the boot grips are proportioned to the lr? I would like a set of secret service grips sized down for long rifle.

What do you mean, when you say secret service?

Kentucky Kevin

Quote from: red14 on January-25-15 07:01
Quote from: tocsn40 on January-25-15 07:01

What do you mean, when you say secret service?

SSHHH it's a secret
Jesus loves YOU all of you
"Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves."

ikoiko

I believe secret service are palm swell grips such as the large rubber ones or large wood ones offered by NAA

PaducahMichael

Quote from: ikoiko on January-25-15 13:01
I believe secret service are palm swell grips such as the large rubber ones or large wood ones offered by NAA

That is my belief as well, Ikoiko.
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

tocsn40

if you look at these photos and you can see that you can not tell what grip fits the lr and mag by looking at them but look at the inside of the grip you can tell what one goes to the lr and what one will fit the mag. hope this helps
Tocsn40

red14

I think it was cool that Sandy said he didn't know why the oversize rubber grips weren't available.   8)  Maybe he will offer them in the near future.    Wink wink, nudge nudge.   ;)

Plant a seed, see if it grows.   ;D