Hello, everyone

Started by monosodiumglute, July-17-11 11:07

Previous topic - Next topic

monosodiumglute

I'm new to the forum, though I have been snoopin' around for a good week or 10 days.  Lots of good, solid information here.  So... thanks!

Anyway, since Wisconsin has now passed concealed carry, I cannot think of a better choice then to get one of these mini revolvers.  

Does anyone in the area know of anyone that has one for sale?  I would prefer one with a conversion cylinder and I think I would like the bead sight.  So... a wasp sounds like a good choice.  Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

45flint

Welcome!!!! no help to you however.

wyn

Welcome Mono!!!!

jcoop1

Welcome! This forum is pretty fun and informative. :-)

monosodiumglute

Thanks guys!  I'll give her a day or two to see if anyone can help.  Otherwise, I may end up having to sign my life away and order one.

kywaterdog

Welcome!!!!!

I you pan to order check out Gunbroker.com or

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php">http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php first.  Good prices and service at Bud's.

monosodiumglute

Thanks, Kywaterdog. I will keep this in mind.

On Bud's I found this interesting little gem... http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/68124">http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/68124

I mean a bayonet for a mini? Laughs all around... Not exactly ideal for concealed carry but would still be an interesting conversation piece.  It'd be worth a grin or two.

westerly1965

Mono welcome to the forum!  Where abouts in big wis are you I know some second hand dealers there that you might want to talk to.

monosodiumglute

Hello, Westerly.  

I live in the Fox Cities area (Appleton, Oshkosh) but would really be willing to drive anywhere for one of these. Thanks!

calvin2

Welcome Mono,

+1 on Buds..

patriotjoe

Welcome to the forum.

monosodiumglute

thanks, Calivin and Joe!

Dinadan

Monosodiumglute - welcome.  It is a long long way from Alabama to Wisconsin, so no  

help with your question.

jstanfield103

Welcome to the forum, I used to live in Janesville Wisconsin. Moved approx. 8 years ago. When I lived there got rid of all my guns to to the no carry Laws they had. Me moving there from Indiana where I could carry was hard to take. I am very glad to see they have changed thier Laws. I would shop on GunBroker.com or Buds Gunshop they are both good. I buy a lot off of GunBroker never have had a problem.

Good Luck.

monosodiumglute

Thanks, Dinadan -- if I ever travel that way I'll keep you in mind!

Thank you too Jstanfield -- it's nice to at least know that someone here had once lived in Wisconsin.  I was surprised when they passed concealed carry a month or so ago -- I'm not a fan of Walker but I always knew he supported concealed carry.  I chat with some of the local law enforcement from time to time and they are all for it (but I guess, why wouldn't they be?) and one of them is even a Ron Paul guy like myself.  

Anyway, I like it here already!  You all seem very friendly, helpful, and informative kind of folks.  I can't wait to finally get my hands on one of these (one way or another) and share my thoughts and experiences.

westerly1965

Mono I will check with Chicago Bob and a couple of the Guys up by Eau Claire and see if anybody has any up there.  If they do I will put them in touch with you.  Your PM's are off though so I can't email you.

Wes

grayelky

Monosodiumglute

Welcome to the forum!

I am somewhat prejudiced, but I think the Wasp is a great choice.

If you cannot locate a Wasp, let me know. I have a 1 5/8 combo in the shop if you can find a local dealer to handle the transfer.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

monosodiumglute

Westerly -- I appreciate all the help.  PM's are now on as I didn't realize that it defaulted as off.

Grayelky -- If I can't find one locally I will order from you.  I guess I don't exactly care about the schnazzy looks of the wasp but I do like the bead sight.  I've also read on here about the hammer being the weak point.  Now, I just have to ponder a little more about barrel length but I really don't see an extra 1/2 inch being a concern in a pocket holster.

Thanks, guys.

bleak_window

Ron Paul supporter + Mini Revolver fan = WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

monosodiumglute

Thanks, Bleak Widow.

Cheers to Ron Paul!

cedarview kid

Welcome aboard. I guess we can no longer claim that the NAA board is MSG free. ;)

tom

Proud purchaser of Ac'cent here.

monosodiumglute

Ha!  I am glad that someone might enjoy my off-key sense of humor.

Tom -- I am in the lookout for old, glass Ac-cent shakers to put some sea salt in.  

I can't believe how popular of a thing Ac'cent was/is but then again I'm simply not from that time.

Thanks, guys!

tom

MSG,

It's still a staple at restaurants.  I use it in a number of things.  I buy it on Amazon.  Every study has shown that it's perfectly safe.

I'm sorry that I don't have any associated collectibles.  

Being old is great.  I remember when there were ashtrays in physicians' offices.  Wait until you get old.  A good bowel movement will make your day.

monosodiumglute

Tom --

A GOOD bowel movement does make my day but then again I am just beginning to reek the benefits of old-age as I am 24.  :D  But, you are correct as MSG is a staple at restaurants.

It's just my independent research on how horrible it is for your mind... let alone weight gain.  I respectfully understand your point of view but I stay away from the stuff (and have no personal opinion) because of what I have learned about MSG but I understand could be very flawed.

Actually, from what I've read, MSG might actually be good in a survival situation as it fills you up easier... aside from the addictive side-effects.

bahh... I don't even know what I'm saying these days.  Tom, you seem like a nice, old-er man who knows a thing or two about life.  You know more then I as you have personally experienced it...

Friends?

tom

Of course.  I'll even give you my list of the things to improve taste.

MSG

Lawry's Seasoned Salt

Martini & Rossi Dry Vermouth

Tabasco (original)

The best black pepper, freshly ground

Note to those who do not use alcohol: there is  no alcohol present after cooking.

kingd3001

new to the fourms and new of a naa 22 mag 1 1/8 barrel as well hello to everyone out there

westerly1965

King welcome to the forum!

kingd3001

thanks i love my little naa mini mag still going use even after 75 rounds went ahead and the order the oversized rubber grips also make a good back up gun to my rossi 462 357 magnum

grayelky

Kingd3001

Welcome to the forum!
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

kingd3001