Do these guns still misfire a lot?

Started by battleborn2002, March-12-15 08:03

Previous topic - Next topic

battleborn2002

Thank you Dinadan. You are correct.

tocsn40

Quote from: battleborn2002 on March-16-15 08:03
I'm not here to rattle any cages or to decieve anyone. I was simply trying to determine if the quality of these guns have improved. From the comments here it looks as though it has not. It looks like I am not the only one who has had his problem.
so how much stock do you own in Freedom arms  You will not convince any one here that NAA has any problem that they have not fixed with a trip to the factory. I have had two back but the other three have no problems at all. One was sent in for main spring after 1000's of rounds and the other to get a LR cylinder fitted
Tocsn40

Shovel-ready project

I am still burning off LR ammo that is about 25 years old. About 200 rounds so far through two different minis and flawless performance. I couldn't ask for anything better.

vepr223

I have a Naa22lr that shoots everything but my Black Widow 22 Mag will not shoot Winchester. I get light primer strikes. CCI seems to work OK.

cwlongshot

In my oldest orig mini mag I was getting them pretty bad... I called and got a replacement main spring sent out...Once installed, NO MORE PROBLEMS!!

CW

boone123

vepr223.
Some of the Winchester  22 ammo has rims so thin that the firing pin almost can't hardly make a dent in the rim, and some of the rims are so thick, they rub on the back of the cylinder window. On one of my revolvers I had to take some metal off the inside , back of the cylinder window because some of the rims were so thick they locked up the cylinder. I know that a while back, Winchester was having a problem with their center fire brass also.

Now, welcome to the forum...

coppertop

Quote from: battleborn2002 on March-16-15 08:03
I'm not here to rattle any cages or to decieve anyone. I was simply trying to determine if the quality of these guns have improved. From the comments here it looks as though it has not. It looks like I am not the only one who has had his problem.

Where are you reading that the quality of the guns has not improved? I agree with others in that most of the mis-fire issues are ammo related and not hammer strike related.

I've owned and carried a NAA Mini for 25 years and thought they were quality firearms right out of the gate. If anything, their quality has improved over the years with the growth of their models (really need the break-top model to make a come back and in blue steel).

And as an added bonus, the company has outstanding customer service to back up their quality products.

boone123

vepr223
In my last post I should have suggested that you try a different brand of ammo, then if the problem still exists, call NAA..

MR_22

Quote from: vepr223 on April-05-15 04:04
I have a Naa22lr that shoots everything but my Black Widow 22 Mag will not shoot Winchester. I get light primer strikes. CCI seems to work OK.

As a side-note, I'm jealous of your VEPR .223. Wish I had one of those. You should post a picture in the Other Guns forum. :)

Trace

Just got my new MM (grandson named it Cricket) today and spent some time running 25 LR and 20 CCI Maxi-Mags through it.  Had a blast. Not one miss fire in the bunch. I will have to open the rear notch a  bit to improve the sight picture however. Very impressed with the workmanship of the little beast. At the pumpkin on a post position all I had to do was drive the rear sight just a tap to the left. Still getting used to such a small gun after shooting my Colt SAA and Mod 29 Smith for years. Groups were 5-6" at 10 yards with the mag,...about the same with the LR. That will improve with practice and improve sight picture. Perfect for my intent,...trail gun.
Trace---