CCI 22 LR Ammo Factory Video

Started by mainstreet, March-29-15 12:03

Previous topic - Next topic

PaducahMichael

Very interesting!

They say they make 4 million rounds per day - - sounds like Boone's personal supplier..... ::)
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

boone123

Paduca M
Somebody has to keep them on their toes.
There is a plus on my side. I have infringed on a lot of hoarders.

Dinadan

When I was a kid my Remington Nylon 66 could shoot fifteen rounds in four seconds. I did it all the time. If I had had a rifle with a fifty or hundred round magazine - I would have probably melted the barrel! But I would have put a dent in that four million! Anyway, four million is a lot of rounds, but only 100 rounds each for forty thousand shooters or hoarders. I wonder how many folks shoot a gun on an average day in America.

PaducahMichael

Boone, I'm just jealous that you are able to get out and shoot frequently. I would if I could!

You are not a hoarder - you're just a heavy user. That's a good thing.
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

boone123

Its almost motorcycle season. Will save some money on ammo, and spend it on gas ,tires , food, and whatever else makes me happy on my motorcycle rides. Must have something to do with things that have cylinders.I just drive out in the country and shoot, or if its nice out I am down the road on a bike.There is nothing like a couple of hours  on country roads plinking, or being a hundred miles from home on a bike on a nice day, sitting on the sidewalk in front of a convenience, eating a chicken breast, drinking a pop, and wondering if the next town will have a store with ammo for sale. 
Got off the edge of the ammo making thread there a bit, but sometimes I just ca'n't help myself.

MR_22

Quote from: Dinadan on March-29-15 17:03
When I was a kid my Remington Nylon 66 could shoot fifteen rounds in four seconds. I did it all the time. If I had had a rifle with a fifty or hundred round magazine - I would have probably melted the barrel! But I would have put a dent in that four million! Anyway, four million is a lot of rounds, but only 100 rounds each for forty thousand shooters or hoarders. I wonder how many folks shoot a gun on an average day in America.

I got a Remington Nylon 66 when I was about 17. It was a wonderful .22 rifle. I loved it! Extremely accurate. It's what really got me into shooting sports. I paid $50 for it used. I knew it inside out and could tear it down completely for cleaning. Stupidest thing I ever did was sell it. I've looked at getting a new one, but they're so expensive nowadays.

Dinadan

Quote from: MR_22 on March-29-15 20:03
I got a Remington Nylon 66 when I was about 17. It was a wonderful .22 rifle. I loved it! Extremely accurate. It's what really got me into shooting sports. I paid $50 for it used. I knew it inside out and could tear it down completely for cleaning. Stupidest thing I ever did was sell it. I've looked at getting a new one, but they're so expensive nowadays.
Mine was not really mine: my older brother left it at our family home for me to use when he moved out. For two or three years it was my primary .22, until I was able to buy my very own rifle. It was the most reliable semiauto that I have ever used. It just did not jam! Very accurate too, as you say. In later years I owned or shot several other semiauto .22s and never found another that was as satisfactory as that Nylon 66. I have to wonder why Remington stopped making such a good firearm.

Boone - I am not a motorcyclist, but I can really relate to the pleasure of finding a convenience store that has good fried chicken! I should probably write a book about the ins and outs of gas station fried chicken: what to look for (a middle aged woman in the back cooking) and what to avoid (a young man in the back cooking). How to order; if it is a buxom young woman taking the order be sure to specify chicken breast ... the kind of thing you learn over a lifetime of searching for perfect fried chicken!