Let's get serious. Time frame on the 4" Sidewinder.......

Started by Uncle_Lee, March-08-15 06:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle_Lee

Is there a release date for the 4" Sidewinder?

I hope this don't take as long as the BreakTop/Ranger.
All that is needed is a longer barrel. (at least it seems like it to me)
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

nastruck

I have pit thoughts of a pug away for now. Waiting for the new sidewinder also!!!!

bleak_window

Was that the new design Sandy was talking about several months ago?  Or is there something completely different in the works?

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: uncle_lee on March-08-15 06:03
Is there a release date for the 4" Sidewinder?

I hope this don't take as long as the BreakTop/Ranger.
All that is needed is a longer barrel. (at least it seems like it to me)

Let's bring the question back up......
God, Country, & Flag

beachmaster

I just got a one inch sidewinder and love it...
But if a 4" comes out I'll get it too!
Or a 4" octagon barrel...
Haha I am getting carried away!

wyn

Why do things take sooo long to come out. The 4" Sidewinder was at the SHOT show and it is now the middle of March and still not for sale. Also the Iver Johnson Frontier Four was at the SHOT show and that has still not come out available for sale, and the last I checked Iver Johnson hasn't even had it on their website. All they say is they will give you more information later. I don't know why these things are unveiled at the SHOT show and then it takes them sooo long to be made available for sale. I have seen this Many, Many times. I know they want to showcase their new and upcoming products, but it seems they should be able to be put into production and marketed alot sooner.

MR_22

Quote from: wyn on March-14-15 08:03
Why do things take sooo long to come out. The 4" Sidewinder was at the SHOT show and it is now the middle of March and still not for sale. Also the Iver Johnson Frontier Four was at the SHOT show and that has still not come out available for sale, and the last I checked Iver Johnson hasn't even had it on their website. All they say is they will give you more information later. I don't know why these things are unveiled at the SHOT show and then it takes them sooo long to be made available for sale. I have seen this Many, Many times. I know they want to showcase their new and upcoming products, but it seems they should be able to be put into production and marketed alot sooner.

As far as I can tell, the 4-inch Sidewinder was not officially announced at the SHOT Show. It was one of those "secret vault" items that they showed only to special awesome visitors to their booth. ;) So that would lead me to believe we are a little further out on an official release date, but I don't know for sure.

I've been waiting for a VEPR-12 25-round 12-gauge drum for about a year and a half now, which was supposedly being "release soon" way back then. The latest update I saw was that it's been pushed to Summer of 2015. There are lots of issues that can delay production and release of products like this, unfortunately.

PaducahMichael

Quote from: MR_22 on March-14-15 10:03

There are lots of issues that can delay production and release of products like this, unfortunately.

I'll bet it's hard to pull a 4" barrel out of a 1" barrel. We ain't talking about taffy pulling!

Really, though - isn't it just a matter of screwing in a longer barrel? I'm not a machinist nor do I know anything about making stuff. Just doesn't seem like it would be that hard. No matter the barrel length, though, the Sidewinder will still be ugly. It's just "boxy" looking. Sort of like old Volvos.
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag

seeker

I would like to know when it's  expected  out too, if too long I'll go ahead and get the Ruger LCR
That I've been thinking about, but if soon say less than 3 or 4 months I'll  hold off on the Ruger and save for the sidewinder. But inquiring / impatient  minds must know How Long.😈
Satyameva Jayate

Surculus

Why do things take sooo long to come out. The 4" Sidewinder was at the SHOT show and it is now the middle of March and still not for sale. Also the Iver Johnson Frontier Four was at the SHOT show and that has still not come out available for sale... I don't know why these things are unveiled at the SHOT show and then it takes them sooo long to be made available for sale. I have seen this Many, Many times. I know they want to showcase their new and upcoming products, but it seems they should be able to be put into production and marketed alot sooner.

Because they're showing prototypes & waiting for enough orders to come in to decide whether or not it is worth going into full production?

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: Surculus on March-17-15 13:03
Why do things take sooo long to come out. The 4" Sidewinder was at the SHOT show and it is now the middle of March and still not for sale. Also the Iver Johnson Frontier Four was at the SHOT show and that has still not come out available for sale... I don't know why these things are unveiled at the SHOT show and then it takes them sooo long to be made available for sale. I have seen this Many, Many times. I know they want to showcase their new and upcoming products, but it seems they should be able to be put into production and marketed alot sooner.

Because they're showing prototypes & waiting for enough orders to come in to decide whether or not it is worth going into full production?

Nope, I don't think they are even taking orders at this time.

"full production"?? All that is needed is a longer barrel..
God, Country, & Flag

stantheman86

Is the Sidewinder pretty much just generating collector or "NAA enthusiast" interest at this point?

I use my NAA's as carry tools and I don't carry extra ammo for them. They're for light carry when I can't fit a small auto on me,  like in the hot summer months when I'm just wearing wind pants. Does anyone think they'll really be pushing 5 more .22's into a Sidewinder in a serious life or death scenario after 5 WMR's didn't get the job done?   I suppose you could use those 10 round .22 speed strips but at that point you're carrying a loaded speed strip that's pretty much the size and weight of a .22 LR Mini.........might as well just carry a .22 Mag Mini with a LR or Short as a "NY reload"?  Maybe this makes sense only to me lol

When I carry my .25 Beretta, I stopped carrying a spare mag in the watch pocket of my jeans and just put my LR Mini in there.....it's virtually the same size and weight......rather than shoving 8 more .25's in a magazine into a pistol I can drop the empty and now useless .25, draw the Mini and get back in the fight with 5 more rounds.

Kentucky Kevin

I always have two NAA on me, unless I'm swimming.
Jesus loves YOU all of you
"Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves."

Uncle_Lee

The least I carry is two minis.
Most of the time, two minis and a Kel-Tec P3-AT.
God, Country, & Flag

stantheman86

People on other forums question me for not carrying a reload for my mini, most of them don't realize trying to reload a standard mini under extreme stress would be nearly impossible.....if things have degraded to the point where 5 .22's have been fired and Im still alive and fighting , I would rather pull my Short and pray to God:) 

Even when I have a larger gun on me I still try to stash a mini somewhere on myself.

Kentucky Kevin

Pants on two NAA's on front pockets, big city, ankle Glock 26.
Jesus loves YOU all of you
"Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves."

bud

I never carry more than one gun on me at a time. Sometimes it's a S&W .32 hand eject model, sometime a p230 sig, or a Ruger .38 lcr, or a Black Widow, or Pug, but never more than one, BUT I have another one in the car, if I could make it back to my car LOL. Some day I could be sorry for doing it that way, but I sure hope not :-[

Uncle_Lee

It is all up to what do YOU think YOU are worth and how much faith you put in one piece of machinery.
All mechanical equipment WILL fail at some point in time, I don't care what it's name or its age.
God, Country, & Flag

MR_22

Quote from: bud on March-19-15 07:03
I never carry more than one gun on me at a time. Sometimes it's a S&W .32 hand eject model, sometime a p230 sig, or a Ruger .38 lcr, or a Black Widow, or Pug, but never more than one, BUT I have another one in the car, if I could make it back to my car LOL. Some day I could be sorry for doing it that way, but I sure hope not :-[

During the cooler months, I generally always have two firearms on me. I have my "light carry" weapon in my pants pocket generally everywhere I go--even around the house. When I can wear a warmer vest, I carry something bigger as well. I'm working on being able to add that second gun during the warmth of summer, too.

Anyway, about 3 weeks ago, I was in an car accident. Some lady sideswiped me while getting on the freeway. She was apparently distracted and thought she was in the lane that turned onto the freeway, and acted as if she was, oblivious that I was already in that position.

We had minimal damage, or about $1000, to our vehicle, but we wanted to make sure we were covered, so we called the cops for a report. In my state, it's not required that you tell the cops that you're armed, but it's strongly suggested, even on the state's website. So, whenever I come into contact with an officer when I'm carrying, I hand over my driver license when requested, but add my permit, and mention that I'm carrying. I did that this time as well.

The cop said it was fine and immediately handed back my permit, as if he didn't really need it. He said as long it as it remained where it was that I shouldn't do anything with it. In what seemed like an afterthought, he asked, "Where is it?"

I told him I had two of them, one in a pants pocket, and one in my carry vest. He didn't seem at all surprised or concerned. He knew I was "the good guy with a gun" (or two!).

I have a friend who regularly carries FOUR firearms and hundreds of rounds of ammunition on his person. I'm thinking maybe he's a bit obsessed, but me, with my two? Nah. :)

bud

Some time ago  there was an article in the newspaper about this guy that wouldn't leave his house without his AK47 on his shoulder and his 1911 on his side [ I guess this was his 2nd gun]  8) He wasn't afraid of anything! Two guns probably isn't a bad idea, which I do but one is in the car, but for me more than two would be excessive. Different strokes for different folks :) 
I read somewhere that Elvis Presley carried 5 or 6 handguns on him. Some carry several, some carry none. Me, I don't have that many pockets, and what I do have is full with a small knife, wallet, keys or throb, handkerchief and firearm, and some surprises.  :) What I do carry is always  hid, in my pocket or elsewhere.
And of course there are those that carry a gun that shouldn't.

Polkadot Carl II

Lately, I carry a 22lr 1 5/8 in my jacket breast pocket, a sidewinder in my front right pants pocket; first shot face shot, er, snake shot, and a Sig 938 in my jacket pocket.

Oh, yeah, bring on the 4" sidewinder!

Summer is gonna suck.  938 when Im outdoors, sidewinder indoors and around the house.  Ill have to try a necklace or something discreet for the 22lr. 

Uncle_Lee

Bringing this back to the top.
Trying to get an answer.........
When will it be coming out??
God, Country, & Flag

bbgun

I would far rather have a 2 inch barrel on the sidewinder.  That will give some more power and is still  easy to conceal.

boots

My everyday pants have deep pockets so  4" sidewinder will fit but a 2" would fit everywhere my BW fits so it would get more use.

Sandy

I may be going out on a limb, but I believe we will start shipping from the factory on or before June 1 2015.  I understand - and share - your frustration with the delay; nothing's ever as easy as it seems.

Uncle_Lee

Sandy, Thank You.
I just wanted to know if I might be going to live long enough to get my pair of them.
I will try to last a little longer.
God, Country, & Flag

bbgun

Hang on a little longer Unc. the mini cult can't survive without you!

Uncle_Lee

I ain't going anywhere ;D. I just like to say that.
I plan on making it to 100 just to make the government mad.
God, Country, & Flag