Any good net outlets for Speer gold dot???

Started by Trace, April-08-15 21:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Trace

After reading all the reviews on 22 mag rounds, seems like the best for my purpose would be the Speer Gold Dot defense rounds. I saw a friend use one on a 2x2 and was very impressed.
Anybody have luck purchasing any Gold Dot .22 mag rounds over the net. Out here there's very little in the way of gun shop stocked .22 anything.
Picking up my Mini-Master convertible on Sunday. I've two boxes of CCI so I'll be shooing it Sunday. But after seeing what the Speer can do, I'd like to semi-bulk up on that.
Thanks
Trace--

MR_22

Quote from: Trace on April-08-15 21:04
After reading all the reviews on 22 mag rounds, seems like the best for my purpose would be the Speer Gold Dot defense rounds. I saw a friend use one on a 2x2 and was very impressed.
Anybody have luck purchasing any Gold Dot .22 mag rounds over the net. Out here there's very little in the way of gun shop stocked .22 anything.
Picking up my Mini-Master convertible on Sunday. I've two boxes of CCI so I'll be shooing it Sunday. But after seeing what the Speer can do, I'd like to semi-bulk up on that.
Thanks
Trace--

When I carry .22 Magnum, I carry Gold Dots. I even found them at my local gun store over Easter weekend. They were $20 per box of 50, but for self defense rounds, that's not terribly unreasonable. It's certainly not plinking ammo.

Shovel-ready project

Palmetto (http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ammunition/rimfire-ammunition/22-magnum/22-wmr-40-gr-gold-dot.html) has them for $20 plus shipping. I have bought from them in the past. Very good service. The last time I bought, they had a free shipping deal going for a minimum purchase.

Trace

Thank you sir!! Will not be my plinking rounds. Very impressed with their performance.
Trace---

Shovel-ready project

Okay, I just noticed they have free shipping for orders of $100 through Sunday to celebrate the NRA show.

Trace

Got mine! Thanks again. Very easy group to deal with and very reasonable on the $$ side of things.
Trace---

Jim1392

Quote from: Trace on April-10-15 15:04
Got mine! Thanks again. Very easy group to deal with and very reasonable on the $$ side of things.
Trace---

Just be prepared to be patient. The biggest complaint I hear about them is they are slow with shipping. I ordered ammo from them and it took 2 weeks for them to ship it. They did have a disclaimer on the site in reference to delays in shipping due to the amount of orders at that time. But I was still happy I found Gold Dots anywhere.  ;D

Trace

Just received a tracking note from Palmetto. Should receive them this coming Tuesday. A bit slow but I'm glad to get them in any case. 22 Mag (or LR) of any type in San Diego is unique. Just sent my Mini-Master in for some new (low profile w/ white dot) sights and a trigger job so I'll likely get the ammunition prior to getting my MM back.

Edit: just got my Speer Gold Dot brick, as promised. Shipping says I'll be getting my MM returned tomorrow. Christmas in April. To the range!
Trace---

Uncle_Lee

Price of self-defense ammo.
While you are in Wal-Mart, 40 cent rounds in the handgun is good enough.
15 minutes later in the parking lot when you need to use the handgun in self-defense, 5 dollar rounds would not be too much.
It is according what you think your life is worth when the end of it may be near. 8)
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )