Kydex Sidewinder Pocket Holsters?

Started by warrnan, April-13-15 07:04

Previous topic - Next topic

warrnan

Hey everyone. I'm trying to find a kydex pocket holster for my sidewinder for sale online. Anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking about a concealment solutions leather holster if I can't find that.

Thanks for your time.

Jim1392

I have a Ragsdale pocket holster for my PUG and I'm very happy with it. They make it for the Sidewinder also.

warrnan

Thanks Jim. I guess what I'm concerned about is thickness. I use my sidewinder for pocket carry in slacks and they are pretty snug. Is the ragsdale pretty thin over all? Do you feel like the pocket for extra rounds is a big plus? Thanks.

warrnan

I found a source for kydex naa holsters. Lost river has a sidewinder so this is my answer. Just posting this link as a help for anyone else looking or googling it.

http://www.lostriverholsters.com/Holster_Pictures.php

CavScout

I have a Lost River Kydex necklace holster, for horizontal carry... never felt comfortable with the muzzle pointing at my chin!... even with the hammer in the safety notch!

Anyway, the Lost River product is well made, and form fit for the NAA revolver is done well... However, retention is firm, and requires a firm grasp, and pull to free the revolver.

If you plan to use the holster for pocket carry, I would recommend attaching one of the many Para-cord long knot lanyards, available on eBay, to the muzzle end of the holster. Use for a tether in the weak hand if an adrenaline filled moment requires an unsheathed revolver!

Just one of many... no affiliation!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Police-thin-blue-line-550-paracord-zipper-pulls-handmade-/281594682221?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item419059db6d
"It is a lesson of history that it is ethically, morally, and philosophically impossible to have too many personal weapons, whether they be edged, impact or projectile."
- David W. Loeffler

warrnan

He makes a holster with a pocket hook for catching the pocket corner similar to Alabama holsters. I saw a photo of a custom holster he did. He Doesn't offer it in his default holster order area, so I've sent him an email requesting it.

Thanks for the tip. A lanyard is definitely a requirement for most holsters he offers.

grayelky

I have a gentleman who makes Kydex holsters for my shop. If you do not find what you want, send me an email with what you want and your contact info, and I'll take care of it for you.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

warrnan

Thanks Greyelky. I have actually just payed for a leather holster from RKBA. Thanks anyway. If my leather holster seems to bulky I'll give it to a friend and get back with you about that. :) I appreciate your assistance.

grayelky

No problem. Jason is a good guy, and will gladly make just about anything. He even made a case for my Garmin GPS to mount on my m/c. He has not made a holster for a mini yet, but only because he has not been asked!
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

coppertop

Gotta agree with the comments about how stiff the Kydex holsters can be.

This may defeat the purposes of discrete pocket carry. I like how the leather pocket holsters can bend slightly to match the curve of your pocket.