Thanks Chong!!

Started by 2cooltoolz, March-08-12 19:03

Previous topic - Next topic

2cooltoolz

Got my new Chong Grips today for the Black Widow!  Wow!  What a great design!  The flat sides make the gun MUCH more "pointable" and leaving the front strap exposed increases the distance to the trigger; which on a gun this size is a good thing!!  

It is not as bulky as the standard Black Widow grip (fat), but fills your hand better.

I'm not going to buff it out, the rough texture feels super secure, but I'm thinking next set I might go with a dark wood, for a more pleasing aesthetic.

chopprs

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

45flint

like those smokey ones

nakagawa

My black ones came in yesterday, but they went to my apartment and i have been back at my home town for the past week. My roommate said they are safe though! Looking forward to seeing them come Sunday.I opted for the true black ones instead of the smokey ones, figured they would be appropriate for the Black Widow and will blend in better with the black attire I am always wearing.

Uncle_Lee

All right!!!!!  

All Good!!!!
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

dennisc

Nice BW grip. How do you get an order to Cvang and what is the cost???

chopprs

You can email him at [email protected]

I think they are around $50-$60 plus shipping.

sandyeggo

Very happy with my new Chong grips for my 22mag.  I'm leaving them in the rough, they fit my hand perfectly, and the texture from the milling is great--no need to sand them down. They are the black plastic.

45flint

I agree the mat finish and grooves are perfect for a texture for holding.  Also it is easy!!!  Everyone needs to be be "Chong"ed at least once. He really is in a class by himself.  

Steve

Uncle_Lee

I think I need a couple of sets that are unfinished for the minis I carry.
God, Country, & Flag

backporch22

Hope to receive mine soon.  Not heard yet, but maybe soon.

yncrogers

I guess Chong is back in business - should see my black for my BW soon - wooooo-hooooooo!

nakagawa

Just put on my black grips on my BW, it looks awesome. Highly suggest it.

chopprs

nakagawa

I would Chopprs, but to this day, I still do not know how to post pics on here, care to help and I will post pics

m82a1pa

Just got an email yesterday.  My grips ship today.

nakagawa

Figured it out, here she is.

backporch22

MY GRIPS TO SHIP, YES

chopprs

Nakagawa, that is SIK man!!!!!!

I think that looks beter than the Mini-Master!

ikoiko

nakagawa

Thanks and thank you to Chong, the grips not only look great on the gun, but it definitely aids in a much more natural grip posture. Points very well now. A few words of advice, the recoil shield on the grips might need some sanding down in order for the cylinder to turn, slight tolerances will vary from gun to gun. Easily done.

2cooltoolz

An update on my grips (not that anyone cares ;) )

I really loved the fit and design of my Chong grips, but I wasn't really all that excited about how the

"see through" aspect of it came out looking.

Well, I'm not much of a "design" kind of a guy so my solution:  

Testor's Model Paint!!  Flat black.

I masked off all the outer surfaces and painted the BACK side.  Two light coats and let it dry for 48 hours.

I'm really pleased with the results.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

There's NO paint at all on the exposed surfaces, just on the backs/inside!

gebe

Very nice! I like the black much better.

chopprs

Yeah, those grips were made for that gun. It looks well balanced!

Uncle_Lee

I care.

I love any pictures with Chong's grips in them.
God, Country, & Flag

deja_vu

im sorry I am late to the party but does Chong have a web page?

chopprs

I do not think so. We have not seen one but he answer emails promptly.

[email protected]

capn

2cooltoolz, I really appreciated your before & after photos as I've been hung up on which way to go. Black will be my choice.

Very clever of you to paint the BACK side to avoid scratched paint on the working surfaces.

backporch22

GOT MY BLACK ONES.  HAVE NOT MOUNTED YET DUE TO THEM BLOCKING OFF ME SEEING THE SAFETY NOTCH.  AM GOING TO GRING A SMALL NOTCH TO MATCH SAFETY SLOT MAKING IT EASY TO ENGAGE SAFETY.

2cooltoolz

They do hide the notches a bit, but you can still tell when you're lined up right from the top.  

Forgive the lousy pics.

The RIGHT WAY you see RIMS on either side of sight:

The WRONG WAY you see NOTCHES on either side of sight:

and, YES, the gun was unloaded for the "wrong way" pics.

jackson57

I found it is easy to know you are in the right position for the safety notch as long as the cartridge rim that shows on the side of the cylinder is visible right against either side of the top strap.  A wiggle of the cylinder ensures the hammer is in a safety notch.

I see 2cooltoolz beat me to it while I was taking pictures.

2cooltoolz

Yeah, but your pics are much better and your explanation better, as well.

Thanks!!

jackson57

I don't know - You covered it pretty well.  

Having the grips shown on two different models should be useful.  I see the grips sit closer to the cylinder on your black widow than on my sheriff.  I was going to add that you can see the hammer enter the safety notch, but on your revolver the rear sight covers this area.  In any case, Chong makes some great grips for these little revolvers.

backporch22

I HAVE A BLACK WIDOW WITH ADJUSTABLE SITES AND THE GRIPS SIT VERY VERY CLOSE TO THE CYLINDER.  THIS IS WHY I SAID A SMALL NOTCH WILL TAKE CARE OF IT.  THANKS FOR THE HELP.

tocsn40

You know i think that it ironice that he made his first grips lr and i Tryed to order lr and he said he hAd some probles with them and for now he is only making mag grips.    Oh well hole he solves the.problem some day.
Tocsn40