New owner 22 mag

Started by ardenrj, April-26-15 10:04

Previous topic - Next topic

ardenrj

Hi all took the plunge and bought a 22 mag. What a great little gun. Have shot about 30 rounds so far. The CCI's ran very well as did the Hornady 40 grain but a few of the Hornadys needed quite a push to extract. I have a holster grip but switched to a pebble grip still not certain which one I like better. The holster grip gives me much more to hold on to but the pebble grip looks much cooler. Interestingly I have not had a problem finding 22 mag ammo but no luck finding 22 lr for my mosquito. So much good info on this site also much appreciated.

MR_22

Welcome aboard! Congrats on your new firearm!

I've seen a little bit of .22LR at my local gun store, but it's not cheap and they only sell it by the 50-round box. But it's available, if you want to pay for it. Good luck finding some!

gebe

Quote from: ardenrj on April-26-15 10:04
Hi all took the plunge and bought a 22 mag. What a great little gun. Have shot about 30 rounds so far. The CCI's ran very well as did the Hornady 40 grain but a few of the Hornadys needed quite a push to extract. I have a holster grip but switched to a pebble grip still not certain which one I like better. The holster grip gives me much more to hold on to but the pebble grip looks much cooler. Interestingly I have not had a problem finding 22 mag ammo but no luck finding 22 lr for my mosquito. So much good info on this site also much appreciated.

Welcome!

Boy, I have the opposite problem around here as I can find .22 LR ammo now and then but no .22 Mag. The .22 Mag ammo is as rare as hen's teeth.

Funny, because I have some of the Hornady .22 mag ammo I bought quite awhile back but I have no problems with extraction.

I'm using the Mag rubber slip-on grip on mine and just love it.

PaducahMichael

Arden, Welcome to the asylum. We're all enablers here. Hope that's not a problem for you!
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

bud

I was in the Ace hardware store in North Webster, and they had been selling .22lr ammo for $10.50 for a box of 50.
I don't think they'll let me back in the store again.  >:(

boone123

Bud... Good for you!

ardenrj

Thanks for all the replies. I live in Calif so only 2 models available here. I would really like to get a Pug but thats a no go here. When I first got the gun I was really nervous about lowering the hammer on a safety notch. Been practicing lots and now no problem.

Uncle_Lee

California dreaming on such a summer's day....
Welcome ardenrj,
Get out, door to door, bumper stickers, signs, attend meetings, and get all your friends involved.
You folks out there need to get some better (there must be some) people elected and get the laws changed.
Seems like you all are going down hill while the rest of the country is getting more lax. Well most of it.
Here in Indiana we are working on a bill to allow "Constitutional Carry", no license, no permit. If you are a good citizen, you can carry and use a handgun for self defense.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )