Will sidewinder lower the price on Rangers

Started by 45flint, April-15-12 08:04

Previous topic - Next topic

45flint

After they are introduced will Ranger prices hold up?  They accomplish the same thing through different means.   Certainly the Ranger is a little cooler but a $ 1000 cooler?

shadowofleaves

Think of it in terms of supply and demand. Supply is low (500 units produced) and demand is fairly high at this point. When the Sidewinder is made available, I expect demand for Rangers may waiver for at least a short period of time because of interest in the "new-fangled" item. Collectors will probably take advantage of the lull in interest (and price) and snatch up the remaining available ones. Then prices should stabilize again when they are all locked safely away, and remain high (although maybe not as high as they have been recently) for those who seek to add one to their collection in the future.

RogueTS1

That is my plan; as well as holding out that I may get lucky and be able to custom order one.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

grayelky

I don't see it affecting the Ranger's price.

The supply of Rangers will not increase, and the demand does not seem to have dropped any. From the beginning, the Ranger was a "let's see if we can make this cost-effective" and the Sidewinder has been "this is what we are gonna make now". Two totally different presentations and mindsets. If anything, I suspect the Sidewinder may cause the Ranger's price to increase due to more people gaining an interest in the NAA product line!
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

CavScout

I agree... the top break design of the Ranger is so iconic in the history of revolvers. Just watch some of the ol' B&W shows like "Perry Mason", you'll see those old "Pocket Pistols" were still stocked at the prop houses.

NAA did such a marvelous job adhering to the spirit of the originals, I don't see the proprietary design of the SideWinder competing for the same collector market. If it had a side latch... maybe.
"It is a lesson of history that it is ethically, morally, and philosophically impossible to have too many personal weapons, whether they be edged, impact or projectile."
- David W. Loeffler

Uncle_Lee

Remember:

The Breaktop (Ranger) is the Breaktop (Ranger).

The Sidewinder is the Sidewinder.

I don't think one will affect the other.

The Sidewinder MAY make folks want a Breaktop (Ranger) more.

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )