Top-Breaks ship next week

Started by 45flint, October-04-10 04:10

Previous topic - Next topic

45flint

Doesn't that sound good, but the 15th is a Friday. Something tells me my gun is already on someones desk ready to ship. I would be willing to let her come home early.  

steve

sirbarkalot

I sure they are rushing to get your gun to you..

45flint

I guess I will know they are putting the shipping label on, when I get a charge on my VISA.

45flint

redhawk4

You guys will have to wait they're still working on mine
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

redhawk4

It was problems with the polished finish and the bayonet and grenade launcher attachments for my personal Break Top that brought production to a halt. What were the chances of that stray grenade destroying the rest of the Break Top production run, they told me it needed a safety but I wouldn't have it - sorry guys, but if you're ging to get a custom built gun you may as well have it how you want it - right?

Any one else have the break top blues? I feel an impulsive urge to go and buy another gun to help me get through it all.

ricart

I have searched every thread on the B/T's.  Anyone know the barrel length?  Photos look to be around 1 1/2", but hard to tell.

mrmadhat

cedarview kid

Buying another gun to satisfy your disappointment in not getting a break-top is firearm prostitution and should be illegal.

However, buying the break-top AND another firearm to keep it company is just fine. ;) (That is, as long as the break-top knows what's going on.)

coopercdrkey

(Another victim of the "more than 0 minutes" delete function...
NAA Black Widow
Bersa T380
NAA Guardian .32
Henry H001

coopercdrkey

Heh, heh....  (Good one, naa_c-)

I forget who posted that they were just going to let the joy of the new Break Top owners wash over them vicariously, but I fully agree!  I will await every post and be glad in everyone's behalf!

Gettin' close.....
NAA Black Widow
Bersa T380
NAA Guardian .32
Henry H001

scrounger

My CC hasn't been debited yet.  Are we looking at mid-week or next week?

redhawk4

"However, buying the break-top AND another firearm to keep it company is just fine. ;) (That is, as long as the break-top knows what's going on.)"

That was my plan, although the new gun will have to know about the BT if I get it first LOL

Where did the info come from about this week for the BT's?

grayelky

Kennyb made a post, but I do not remember which one it was. I asked for a little clarification, if possible, and his reply was to the effect it would maybe be the middle, but he was not sure. Here is the post:

./discus/messages/2/19983.html?1287146648
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

scrounger

I feel that same impatience for the breaktop as I did as a 10 year old waiting for Christmas Day.  The excitement builds...........

mayvik

One year when I was young, I was so impatient and insomniac for Christmas morning, I snuck through the house setting all the clocks ahead several hours.  I then woke up the family, ready for presents!

If only I hadn't forgotten to change my father's watch....

redhawk4

Thanks Gray, I guess I missed this thread being away for a long w/e.

It now is almost midweek so any time now.

cedarview kid

Still no VISA charge for me...

redhawk4

Nor me - even better perhaps they are going to be free to the first 100 "buyers"

Sandy

I've been advised by the factory that Early Bird shipments will be made Fri. 10/22.  I'm sorry for the delay as I can appreciate your eagerness (and your patience).  Please understand that we want these to be the best we can make them.

Just thought you'd want to know.

mayvik

Thanks for the update Sandy!

cedarview kid

Thanks, Sandy. I don't mind so much. It's a good idea to make sure our new break-tops are in tip-top shape before leaving their birthplace. We have a lifetime to enjoy them, so a few days won't matter too much. After all, you don't always know when your babies are going to born, right? They're just a little overdue this time, that's all.

(That's my public response. Inside I'm really cringing. ROFL.)

45flint

I am sure these will be special.  thanks for the update.

Steve

grayelky

And on a brighter note, I have an extra week to come up more cash to put on my VISA card for when they do ship!! Heck, one more delay and it will actually be paid for when it ships!!!

Sandy and crew- it is okay to go ahead and ship on the 22nd. I'll get the balance paid back down - again.....

cedarview kid

That's what I was thinking, Gray. LOL. I still have a little bit to go.

scrounger

Anticipation is good.  It makes arrival that much sweeter.  It was just about 10 years ago that I went through a similar anticipation for my pre-ordered 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser.  It was worth the wait then.  I'm sure it's worth the wait now!

redhawk4

"Please understand that we want these to be the best we can make them".  

While I'd like to get my BT asap, on balance I'd rather wait and "have it the best they can make it" than be dissapointed with it's appearence or have an issue with it and have to return it to the factory.  

It also makes good business sense for NAA they don't want a premature release and poor reviews on this product. With the costs involved in producing such an item and the subsequent retail price, it needs to be the top notch product everyone expects. So for what it's worth I'm suppporting Sandy and NAA 100% on their decision even though I woke up wondering if today would be the day.

45flint

I wonder if their are still any available for sale?  Wasn't the 15th the end of the offer period for early bird?

Steve

cedarview kid

> Anticipation is good. It makes arrival that much sweeter.

Good point, Scrounger. I think I'll have the wife pick up my break-top and wrap it up so she can put it under the tree. By Christmastime, it should be VERY SWEET.

OR NOT. ;)

zippovarga

I'm with the rest of the clan Sandy. Thanks for the heads up and assurance that they will be the best they can be. I can't wait to get the little guy in hands!!

grayelky

Sandy-

If you want to stall one more day and use your new laser machine to etch my initials in the back strap, I don't mind the little extra wait.....

redhawk4

Are they? Will they ship today? Anyone heard anything/seen any activity?

Not that I'm anxious or anything

mec

credit card charged.

the game is afoot

redhawk4

chopprs

......I am feeling left out!