Boot Grips

Started by brownstreak44, May-25-12 13:05

Previous topic - Next topic

brownstreak44

shot off a few rounds on my new .22 mag and my .22 mag blackjack today.  have to say that the trigger banged up my knuckle.

any clue if the boot grips will help this problem?

thanks folks!

chopprs

.....sounds to me like you may not be holding the gun tight enough. I have never, ever had any issue with the trigger hitting my finger.....and sometimes I will sit and fire hundreds of rounds off of the back deck while drinking beer with budz on a nice summer day!

grayelky

Maybe. I am not a big fan of the boot grips, so my opinion is not of a lot of value. I have fairly large hands, but have never had a problem such as you describe. I took the boot grips off my 3" Earl and put on a set of the regular mag style grips, as I like them better.

The most comfy grip is the Black Widow style. They are the best for shooting, but I don't care much for them for pocket carry.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

jupiter7

I found the birdshead allowed the gun to pivot easily. Boot grips worked wonders for my 1 1/8th mag, fills the palm lower in the hand.

brownstreak44

thanks everyone!

the black widow grip prevented this action, but don't want rubber for pocket carry.

I'll post pics and results as soon as they are in...

bbgun

Somewhere on my bucket list is driving up to Chopprs back deck in a large beer truck full up  and shootin' off that deck all day.

tocsn40

Brownsteak there is a grip maker (chong) i think thats how to spell it   he makes a real nice grip for the naas check the forum he post on her some and there is all kinds of photos
Tocsn40

brownstreak44

Tocsn40,  

thanks for the heads up.

I'm pretty impatient and went ahead and ordered the boot grips.

hopefully they'll do the job, or I'll be posting them for resale here.

RogueTS1

The BW grip style also comes in a nice Rosewood model and will take care of the rubber for pocket carry problem. All my NAA's have the BW (Secret Service) style grips and I carry at least one in a pocket every day without trouble or notice.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

chopprs

Brownstripe, my suggestion to you is to get one of Chang's grips. They are large enough to gain a descent purchase on the weapon and thin enough to provide a good carry option. A well thought out and managed design. Any that have obtained them will attest to this. I sincerely think it will solve your issue!

coopercdrkey

"Brownstripe".....  LOL
NAA Black Widow
Bersa T380
NAA Guardian .32
Henry H001

brownstreak44

Lol as well

I didn't even notice the "stripe"

45flint

Boots make huge difference and I use them mostly.   I have really liked a antler birds head I made, birds head is very minimal for carry.   The antler sticks in the hand better given the nature of the material.   I also cut one finger groove which I think really helps as well keep the gun from turning. The standard varnished birds heads are very tuff to handle.   Also another vote for Chongs grips.   Hard to beat curing this issue. Steve

dave_j

I just found 2 pair of the Chong grips on E-Bay. One black and one brown for $65 + $5 shipping. I bought the brown ones.

brownstreak44

those chong grips look nice.

i'll see how these boot gips work.

did the 2-day shipping cause i'm ancy