3-D Mini clone

Started by bearcatter, August-02-18 09:08

Previous topic - Next topic

bearcatter

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

smokeless joe

I prefer it in stainless steel ;)

bill_deshivs

Interesting toy.
No way it will shoot anything. No springs, no firing pin.
If it did have these things, it would make a nice hand grenade.
But, what do you expect from CBS?

pietro

IMO, it looks like somebody carved it from a bar or two of Ivory Soap........  ::)

Hey, it LOOKS LIKE a gun, therefore it's dangerous..............

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

Warthog

Just don't drop it in the shower.... right pietro?  LOL  ;D

I wish I had a 3D printer, they look like they could be a lot of fun and can be used to make parts and maybe grips and stuff that my inability to have any artistic skill, can be over come by the machine. 8)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

smokeless joe

Quote from: Warty62 on August-02-18 14:08
Just don't drop it in the shower.... right pietro?  LOL  ;D

I wish I had a 3D printer, they look like they could be a lot of fun and can be used to make parts and maybe grips and stuff that my inability to have any artistic skill, can be over come by the machine. 8)
I'd like to have one as well. I'm sure I could find many uses for one. I wonder how much the material costs for printing.

billmeek

It depends on what media you use to print.  The most common is PLA which averages around $10 per pound in small quantities (i.e. 2.2 pound spools).
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

smokeless joe

Quote from: billmeek on August-03-18 00:08
It depends on what media you use to print.  The most common is PLA which averages around $10 per pound in small quantities (i.e. 2.2 pound spools).
I really don't know much about the printers. Would one printer handle all "medias" or would you need a different printer for each type of media?

Dinadan

That thing looks like it would be perfect to use as a dummy for making holsters. Just to my eye the frame and grip appear to be a solid block of plastic, not sure if that is right or not. Considering how it feels to shoot WMR out of my Pug, I would not want to be holding that thing if it could be made to fire.

billmeek

Joe,

It depends on the printer.  PLA doesn't require a headed bed and can be used on the least expensive printers.  ABS needs a heated bed (to stop warping/cracking), requires a higher temp to print, needs a better vented area due to fumes, but has better overall properties for many items.  There are 3D printers out there that can print with gold, silver, titanium, or even stainless steel.  But get your wallet ready for a big expense to buy them.  You can find food printers.  Or concrete printers that can "print" an entire house.  Pretty much any media you want can be printed... if you have the right printer.

By the way, I do not own a real 3D printer.  I've just considered buy one (multiple times) and have done some research.  I did buy a cheap 3D pen (when it was on sale) just to play with PLA print media. 
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

autofull

i wonder if ya can print a hamburger from hamburger. perhaps even print a roll from organic mix. nah.

billmeek

This company is working on it:

http://www.modernmeadow.com/

They already "print" leather goods and are working on food:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20972018

Problem is that a burger would currently cost around $300,000 to print.
Bill

autofull

wow, i read the info, wow. unbelievable but freakin true. i hope they can print me a new 21yr age body and just transplant the info in my brain to it. yahoo, im in. no aches and pains for many years again.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: autofull on August-03-18 19:08
wow, i read the info, wow. unbelievable but freakin true. i hope they can print me a new 21yr age body and just transplant the info in my brain to it. yahoo, im in. no aches and pains for many years again.

Nope, not for me.
My body is old, painful, wore out, broke down, & about done in.
But !!!!!!
It is not as bad off as the world is right now.
I am ready to go home.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

smokeless joe

Quote from: uncle_lee on August-04-18 04:08

Nope, not for me.
My body is old, painful, wore out, broke down, & about done in.
But !!!!!!
It is not as bad off as the world is right now.
I am ready to go home.
You're at home right here in the NAA forum uncle_lee  ;)

mrmurl

I retired several years ago from teaching in a community technology college.  I taught drafting and design and machine tool and some welding.  When I retired we had a 3D printer that would print anything up to a size of 8" by 10" by about 14" tall.  It used a powder and a binder and was basically an ink jet printer that sprayed the binder on to the powder and then more powder was spread over and this all repeated.  The layers of powder and binder would be about .0001 thick so it took a long time to print an object.  The beauty of these printers is that you can print something that can't be made in any other way.  Literally no other way to manufacture some of the items.  We did a lot of prototypes for parts for manufacturing in the area.  Very interesting.

I am retired now and can't even afford the cost of the software to draw this stuff let alone the printers to do it with.  You can print in most any metal now of course plastics.  But a gun even the most simple one would require springs and fasteners that would show up in airport scanners. 
A gun is like a parachute; if you need it and don't have it, you probably won't need it again.

pietro

i hope they can print me a new 21yr age body and just transplant the info in my brain to it. yahoo, im in.

no aches and pains for many years again.

+1, with new plumbing, too.......... ;)

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

Warthog

Pass, I am fine with my  current body.  It would make me sadder to suddenly have another thirty years of life on the evil world.  :-\
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

bearcatter

Quote from: pietro on August-09-18 15:08

i hope they can print me a new 21yr age body and just transplant the info in my brain to it. yahoo, im in.

no aches and pains for many years again.

+1, with new plumbing, too.......... ;)

How big a pipe would you want in Round Two?...... ;D
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

PaducahMichael

Bearcatter, I'd ask for smaller. You wouldn't believe how inconvenient the XL models are.
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

bearcatter

T'ain't what you got; it's the way that you use it.......to paraphrase an old song.....