Sidewinder Payments

Started by Sandy, June-01-12 09:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy

Please note that my Webmaster, Steven, has created a capability to accept secure credit card info for orders placed for the Early Bird offering. https://northamericanarms.com/earlybirdsw">https://northamericanarms.com/earlybirdsw

Please note, also, that we will NOT charge credit cards nor deposit checks upon receipt of order.  Instead, we will process credit card info. 48 hours in advance of shipment, and deposit checks two weeks in advance.

What was I thinking?

scrounger

It worked fine for me, Sandy.  I noticed the "https" instead of the regular "http" in the URL.  I'll bet most of the folks did too.  But, thanks for updating the credit card / check info.  By the way, how long before the first SWEB is sent out?

45flint

Appreciate the thought that went into the early bird program  very nice touches with special serial numbers etc.  Only thing I request is you stop fiquiring out ways for me to spend my money, I am about to retire.  Steve

wild bill

The order form worked for me.  Thanks for making it secure and easy to use.  Will there be any kind of confirmation email sent to verify receipt of orders?

phoenix52

Like Wild Bill my order was placed early on and went smoothly. Will we get a confirm that we are in the drawing?

Looking forward to the final product.

wdy

The order form worked for me also.

Thanks

admin

I finally got the responder email to work, so from this point on, when we receive the information, it should automatically send a autoresponse email back to you (or the email address you provided)

45flint

Ordered this morning and have not got confirm as yet.

uncle_harley

for those of us who went ahead and placed an oreder via e-mail,  do we need to re-submit?

admin

no, it just means you won't get an auto responder email.  if you are worried about your order, feel free to call and verify that we received it.

heyjoe

the office is closed already today until monday
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

zippovarga

I emailed and got a confirmation email immediately after submitting. And now.....we wait!! lol

grayelky

Sandy wrote:

quote:

What was I thinking?

Obviously, you were not. Your capitalistic side took over and you just acted. (Not that that is a problem, you do need to make a profit!) Fortunately, the customer oriented side snapped out of its temporary daze, and you reverted back to the Sandy we all know and love...

By the way, my order has been placed, and the automated email reply is working.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Dinadan

Gray - since you are an FFL holder, can I ask you exactly what I need from an FFL  

holder? A copy of his license or a number? Would you be comfortable handing that  

info out to anyone? I have never had to provide that info before - my FFL guy always  

directly contacted the dealer.

heyjoe

you just need the name and address of the ffl for the order form. the ffl has to fax over or mail a signed copy of their ffl

louiethelump

Dinadan:

Not to get into your business here, but you are a GA resident, right, and near enough to Gray's shop to go pick the gun up?

I think Gray mentioned that his FFL is already on file with NAA.  All they would need is to know you want it sent there.  But, you have to pick up from his shop and be a GA resident of course.

Louie
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

Dinadan

Louie - I am in Alabama.

louiethelump

I am pretty sure Gray is in GA and you have to use a dealer in the state where you reside.  He can only receive for Georgians.  

So Grayelky won't be able to help you.
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

Dinadan

Louie - I know I have to use an Alabama FFL, I am just a little comfused by the  

NAA order form. It seems to be asking me to provide the info for the FFL  

holder, which is something I have not encountered before. I was asking Gray for advice,  

not to provide a service which he cannot legally provide.  

Thanks, Gray.

ikoiko

Dinadan

FWIW --I filled out the FFL portion with the info I know for my FFL guy and am having him fax his FFL credentials to NAA. Only reason I filled out any of the FFL was hoping it made it easier for NAA when shipping time came.

louiethelump

Generally your FFL dealer will provide you with a signed copy marked "for shipping only" that you can send with your payment.  Some dealers are shy about doing this, and in that case, often send the copy by FAX or by mail themselves.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  I thought you were trying to take Gray up on his very generous offer to receive the gun for you free.  

I have my dealer's FFL in my computer, and I just e-mail it to where it needs to go, or print it out as the need arises.  That keeps me from bothering him every time I buy something.

Again, sorry for the misunderstanding on my part.  Was only trying to help.

Louie
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

ikoiko

I'll have to see if my FFL will supply me with a copy. I'd never done any transactions outside of a gun store untill a couple of years ago when I got my 2nd NAA.  That's when I found him.

heyjoe

i think they are asking for the information because some ffl's fax and this makes it easier for them to match up the order to the ffl faxing.

CavScout

Admin,

Just wondering why .jpg file type was not included for FFL uploads? I zipped mine for my order, so no problem here... just curious.

Paul
"It is a lesson of history that it is ethically, morally, and philosophically impossible to have too many personal weapons, whether they be edged, impact or projectile."
- David W. Loeffler

ruprecht

Randy

Has anyone heard whether we would be notified of our serial number(s) prior to shipping?  

Let's say three people in my area purchased an Early Bird and chose to use the same FFL. Let's also say I was drawn for SWEB-001, (Quit laughing, it "could" happen) another person got number 666, and the third got number 24382. (may be a little optimistic here)

The FFL receives three Sidewinders and has three customers. How does he, or we, know who gets which?  

If I recall, the customer name is not associated with the serial number when the FFL receives it. Of course, this may be where I'm wrong. Anyone know? It would be nice to know the number(s) before it arrives.  

Thanks.

45flint

I don't know about NAA but if I get a gun shipped in they always address it to me c/o FFL and I am sure NAA includes invoice, that would have your name.   personally I do not want to know the serial number till I open it up.   Steve.

cedarview kid

I'm pretty sure that an FFL transfer includes serial numbers. If your local FFL gave you the wrong one, it would be their fault, not NAA, and could get them in some serious hot water.

cedarview kid

Okay, I'm a little late in getting my order in, I know, but I just submitted it and the submission page says:

"Thank You!

Your information has been sent, Thank you for your interest in the Early Bird Sidewinder."

And about two minutes later, after I had gotten nervous that my order got lost, I got an email saying this:

"Thank you for your interest in the Early Bird Sidewinder program  

we have received your information  

please contact us if you have any questions  

North American Arms  

2150 South 950 East  

Provo, Utah 84606-6285  

801-374-9990"

Wahoo, I'm in! And still in time for the serial number lottery!

heyjoe

i never did get a confirmation email

45flint

I didn't either I will call tomorrow to confirm.  Steve

Randy

I didn't get a confirmation either. I think I got my order in minutes before Admin got the auto responder working. It "looked" like it worked when I submitted the order though.

cedarview kid

Looks like my procrastination, er, uh, I mean, my patience, paid off this time. I got my confirmation, although it sure wasn't immediate.

Bubba

Filled out the form just now, received my email moments later.. seems like everything it working OK now
Those who adapt control the future
Gun Websites

heyjoe

i am now confirmed and in the pool.