My new Chang grips

Started by louiethelump, June-09-12 11:06

Previous topic - Next topic

louiethelump

A couple of you asked for photos of the new Chong grips.  The rest just ignore the thread please.

Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

chopprs

Ooh!!! The darker ones are kewl. WHat is that, Ebony?

I wonder why the top ones are so spaced out from the rear of the cylinder?

(how the heck can you ignore something as kewl as THAT?)

louiethelump

They are actually about the same.  The photos were from a slightly different angle is all.

Both sets went right on with no problem and fit without any movement.

He calls the dark wood "Wenge" but I have to admit I have never heard of that wood.
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

chopprs

...it is actually, "Wench"!

It is petrified Bich!

You should have it checked. If it was one of Blackbeards Wenches it could be worth something!

jackson57

Walnut Chang grips on an NAA sheriff look right.

Nice setups.

Uncle_Lee

Dog gone it.

Chong's grips make the Sheriff look so good that I am going to have to get a pair even though they don't have the "loading lever".

I got an e-mail from Chong yesterday.

He is moving into a larger shop and won't be doing any grips for 2-3 weeks.  

He is changing material and will have more variety to choose from.

I will post pictures of all the different "colors" when I get them.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

louiethelump

curse you Uncle LEE!!!!!!

You have gotten me looking at Hoglegs on GunBroker, and saving the auctions and watching them......

That is an early symptom of the Needanothernaa virus

This new grip design completely changes the feel and usefulness of these guns.  They conceal just as easily, but feel and handle completely different than with any other grips.  It moves these little guns into the truly shootable and useful category
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

blazinwv

Thanks for the Chong update. I must have a pair and will wait patiently.  

I have had early symptoms of that virus for sometime. I feel a purchase coming on prior to the EB delivery of 2 Sidewinders!

Refresh my memory.....who put the "must have two of each model" thingy in my brain?

Uncle_Lee

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever know.

Always by a pair so one is never lonely.
God, Country, & Flag

bleak_window

That Sheriff looks great with the Chong grips.

I wonder if Chong will offer his grips in pink.  My wife has pink grips for her Pug but they're not as shootable as the rubber grips.  With a set of Chongs she could have style AND function.

I got a set of those pink J-frame grips and now every time I bring a new gun home my wife loves it!  It's sooooo cute!

Then  in a day or two I swap out the pink grips for the ones that came with the gun.  Good to go.

louiethelump

you are a bad bad man..............
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

dave_j

I also have the Chong grips on my sheriff. They are nice to say the least.  Thinking of putting a set on my BW. Will wait and see what new grips Chong comes up with.

jestus

Louie,

Did you put a finish on them?  They look great and really balance the lines of the gun.

Someone on the board mentioned the Chong grips keep the mini from pulling to the left (a problem I note with the chubby BW grips). Have you been to the range to get the feel yet?

gunr

Bleak,

Contact the American guns show, Those people love to do guns in color, especially pink!

tocsn40

I wish i could get a set for my short. He said he had fitting problems on the lr size or somthing.  I think it funny that he now only sells mag grips as his first was for lr
Tocsn40

Uncle_Lee

He got covered up with orders for the magnum size.

As soon as he gets moved, I need 4 more sets.
God, Country, & Flag

teacher

Just checked in with him this morning he said that he would  be back in production in a couple of weeks. He is moving to a larger facility

louiethelump

yea, I am in line for a set too.  He sent me same info today.  I can wait.
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

chopprs

.....Louie is a "Convert"!

I remember when Louie was not convinced by pics that he would like them.  

I think the grips are permeated with a chemical that makes you nuts for them once you touch them!

louiethelump

It is hard to tell just how good they are from a picture.  When you get them in your hand is when they win you over.  The feel is outstanding and they are actually thinner than the boot grips and conceal better too.

They are a revolution in grips in my opinion and an outstanding design.

Louie
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

bbgun

Chong for president !!!!   Hope he starts up soon for the 22lr.

blazinwv

i hope the move goes smoothly. I put in an order for two sets and am planning on more!  Started out with just a BW, but since joining this board I have ordered 2 SW, have acquired a .22lr.....and am trying to decide which model to purchase next. I am quite fond of the Earl.

Uncle_Lee

Next should be the 1860 series.

2 of each.
God, Country, & Flag

blazinwv

Which of the series do you recommend purchasing first? Not that it matters.....I will probably purchase them all eventually... lol

louiethelump

The gift series.  Those are the ones that you buy and gift to others, such as myself for example.  They are the colorful and special models that really make your heart swell with the joy of giving to those that truly deserve a gift.  I can provide you with an FFL for easy shipment when you are ready.

I am a gracious receiver of gifts and will send a suitable thank you card that will be suitable for framing or just carrying close to your heart to remind you of the good you have done in the world.

Thanks.......
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

chopprs

louiethelump

I am NOT cleaning that up!!!!!!

Get  your own mop!!!
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

Uncle_Lee

I think to start should be the 6" Hogleg.

Then the 4" Earl.

Then the 3" Earl. (I think that one needs its own name).

Then the 2" Sherrif.

A pair of each with 22LR cylinder.

Then the Mini Master.

Then the Black Widow.

Then the Black Jack.

Then the Wasp.

After those then just which ever ones you run across.
God, Country, & Flag

blazinwv

I was talking to a coworker at my part time job the other day and he had started collecting NAA guns and then quit. I am hoping to talk him out of a few. I got the impression that he has the 1960 series. Or maybe a trade or two. I have a couple guns I no longer shoot.

Uncle_Lee

What, he asked, is the 1960 series?
God, Country, & Flag

blazinwv

Bad typing on a cell phone!

heyjoe

the 1960 series was the Yankess vs. the Pirates
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

Uncle_Lee

I hope you weren't driving while typing...

That is where I recommended you to start.

That is the 1860 series.
God, Country, & Flag

45flint

Start with the sidewinder.   Move moving parts and machining.

blazinwv

UL,

Type while driving?......never....;-)  

Flint,

Ordered 2 Sidewinders.....this new gun addiction is getting expensive! But it certainly is enjoyable. Once I have a bit more time on my hands I plan on a polish job for my BW. I really like what Zippo does with his guns.