Sidewinder vs. Taurus 941 UL

Started by pete_on_the_coast, July-18-12 15:07

Previous topic - Next topic

dracothered

To answer your question about the P238, it is a great pistol and has only had 2 failures. Both of those were when it was brand new, but since then it has worked flawlessly. It is easy to conceal.

blazinwv

Thanks for the info on the P238. I have the Ruger LCP, easy to conceal, not my favorite to shoot!

cedarview kid

Well, Pietro, I do have a couple of Tauruses that I DO like. My titanium Taurus Judge and my 12-inch Taurus .22 Magnum revolver, not sure of the model, but not 941. It's much heavier than the 94/941. It's a pretty cool gun.

I've also had a Tracker in .17HMR and .22LR, but sold 'em both. I didn't dislike 'em, but I didn't love 'em either, and something else came along that I wanted more, so they got sold to fund other purchases.

grayelky

Pietro-

What do you think of the Charter Arms? Are they the current manufacturer or older guns?

I have 2 original Bulldogs in .44 sp and love them.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

cedarview kid

I LOVE the original Charter Arms Pathfinders. Not the new ones so much.

lashlarue

I have two Tauri autos, both have been perfect with several hundred rounds through each.Prefer the old style takedown(spring loaded pin) over the new fangled 709.

pietro

I have both a 1970's blued 3" Charter .22Mag Pathfinder, and the new (2008) 4" Target Pathfinder Dual Cylinder pictured above (besides a .44 BullDog), both of which are just fine.

Despite the moniker, though, neither are "target" guns, but DO exhibit adequate Trail Gun accuracy (minute-of-squill head).

The only gripe I have with the newer stainless guns is that the sights require sight paint for me to see them/ make them appear different than the barrel, etc, when sighting.

Here's the 70's Pathfinder .22Mag

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

tocsn40

Louiethelump  if you are corret about a crappy gun co. Is the only co. That needs a warenty you have just said to all that you do not like NAA as they have a very good warenty.  I will never tell anyone that a taurus is better then smith and wesson or colt for that matter  there is other guns out there that would not order  jennis, star, lama... Bottem line i love my minis have 4 looking forward to no. 5
Tocsn40

dracothered

To answer your question about the P238, it is a great pistol and has only had 2 failures. Both of those were when it was brand new, but since then it has worked flawlessly. It is easy to conceal.

Uncle_Lee

Cheap gun has FTF means it is a POS.

Expensive gun has FTF means it isn't broken in yet.

Oh Ya, heard that one before.

I have a Kel-Tec P3AT that has had a little over 500 rounds shot through it with NO failure of any kind. I guess it didn't need a break in period.

I don't think that the Star is a bad gun. I bet my life on a couple of them every time it is jacket weather.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

bud

Cheap gun has FTF means it is a POS.

Expensive gun has FTF means it isn't broken in yet.

pete_on_the_coast

Hey Louie, thanks for the kind and generous offer.   If I get down Webster way I will take you up on it.   Cheers!

bflying

I have a couple of Taurus', and like them.  The NAA Mini is the everyday BUG.  The Taurus Ultra-Lite Titanium in .38 Special is my occasional "when I need smaller & lighter" primary gun. Seems well made and comparible in price/quality to other similar guns.

My primary every day carry is now the Springfield Loaded Micro Compact in .45.  The .45 is for the big bad guy, and the Mini is for the Slow Rabid Squirl.  Taurus .38 snub when clothes don't accomodate the 1911.  Seldom grab a Glock any more.