NAA Pictures

Started by lowready, July-26-12 19:07

Previous topic - Next topic

lowready

What do you say we start a thread with NAA Pics? Special, or limited editions, Carry packages, Old guns, Custom grips, Etc. I'll start off with a Newbury Park Ca. gun I bought this morning. my Dealer got it in trade. The original plastic grips were overtightened, and pretty much ruined, but other than that the Gun is about 100% with the original Gun Rug. Not a bad $100 find.

grayelky

Those grips would eventually crack, and then need replacing. Yes, a great deal for you!

I'll add some pics this weekend. I don't have adequate ones as yet.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

keith44

It seems my LGS over stated how long it would take to get orders in  I will be picking up my first NAA on Sat, the day after tomorrow, so I will post a pic or two, when I figure out how, after then.

lowready

Here is an additional picture with some temporary grips.The gun also had the original paperwork in the rug. Is there any dating list, or resource available on these guns?

coopercdrkey

I would try calling Customer Service at the Provo factory.  They may have inherited some serial number documentation.
NAA Black Widow
Bersa T380
NAA Guardian .32
Henry H001

Uncle_Lee

We who collect would love to know the complete history of the models, serial ranges, and dates of manufacture.

Pictures?

Here are some pictues.

And last but not least my "carry package".

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

chopprs

tocsn40

Call it what you want chopprs.  all i can do is drewl.
Tocsn40

blitzkrieger

Uncle Lee, I will gladly trade you a few cases of depends and some coin for one of those short minis. ;)

Uncle_Lee

Wait till I die and pick them up at a yard sale real cheap. Probably for less than the Depends alone.

God, Country, & Flag

jcoop1

Uncle Lee, I was admiring your "carry package" and I noticed what appear to be Firestar .45 pistols. Am I correct? Do you like them? I have a Firestar compact .45 and I would not trade or sell it for any money. I love it, although it is alittle heavy for edc.

Uncle_Lee

Sorry, but no, they are Firestar Plus. (Model 243)

14 shot 9mm. Alloy frame and a lite carry package.

These I love. I can shoot these better than any carry gun that I have tried. Have never had a failure of any kind.
God, Country, & Flag

lowready

Here is another pic of the Newbury Park Ca. gun.

The serial number is b29617. Does any body have any idea on age, date of manufacture, or anything for that matter? I know it has all forged parts, and a smooth faced trigger that is really,really crisp. Like imagine a Browning Buckmark trigger that is 1/4" long.Seriously there is very little take up and the pull is crisp. I have had 1911's that were way worse.

lowready

Not NAA's but I figured you guys would come as close to appreciating it as anybody else.

Casull Arms CA 2000 these were a one time limited run of double action only, folding trigger pistols made about 10 or 12 yrs. ago. They came packaged in a cutout book The Casull Arms Story. The first 20 or so pages are story, and the last 3/4 of the book is cutout for the gun.

gunfixer

Trio..:

-E!-

heyjoe

lowready you are the first person who ive run into who actually has the Casull CA2000. We were discussing these a number of months back. how is it to shoot? accurate?
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

gtgoldsmith

Did you purchase that one from a book store or a firearms dealer?  

Sandy - How about doing both again?  

I have always liked folding trigger pistols - ever since owning a 22 pin-fire version (which came with a small purse, by the way).

lowready

Heyjoe,

I have never actually shot it. It has a pinned barrel, and is an all forged basically "freedom Arms" gun so I guess there is not any reason it should not shoot well. It does have a horrible trigger, but it has sights like a J frame. It's about the size of an old safety hammerless. I would say about 10% smaller. I'll try and post more pics with some size reference.

grayelky

Lowready-

My B2XXXX mini LR was purchased in 1977.

heyjoe

very nice gun lowready. a comparison shot with the 22 lr you just got would be informative. too bad Casull never came out with the .32 version as was posted on his site.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

Dinadan

Lowready -  I would like to try a CA 2000. A very interesting gun to  

look at, and I am guessing, to shoot. That folding trigger is  

unlike anything I have ever shot. If I ever came across one in a shop I would  

have a hard time resisting buying it.

jestus

Uncle Lee,

The finish on your 3" Earl grips is great. Did you do anything special to them? What's that wood (again)?

lowready

Greyelky,

How is the trigger on your 1977 mini? Like I said before, the trigger on mine is really good.

Dinadan,

That is pretty much how I wound up with the Casull. I ran across it in a shop, and had to have it. I had full intention of shooting it, but I keep it in a glass front bookcase, and never think about it, until it comes up in conversation every couple of yrs. Now they are getting really collectable, and expensive so between the two mitigating factors I may never shoot it. Putting it up unfired was never my intention, it has just worked out that way.

Uncle_Lee

Jestus,

The grips are just like they came from Cvang.

They are "lacewood". I don't think he has that anymore.

Bummer cause I need 3 more sets.
God, Country, & Flag

zippovarga

We start a pic thread at least once a month. I'm in.....and no, I am NOT addicted to these little pistols.....I'm not! Stomping my feet....I'M NOT ADDICTED TO THEM!!! hehe

Ok...That's enough for now. lol I still maintain that I am NOT addicted!! hehe

chopprs

........like I said to the last girl I dated on our first date......."Nice Box!"

Incidentally, she fell in love with me and went down the stairs....

swolf

I'm looking for pics of a shorty wearing a bayonet.  Anyone?  Zippovarga--Hate to be a pain, but you have a cool shorty with ivory grips, and that's the combo I'm assembling; any chance you'd do a shot of your shorty blinged with your sharp?...

bustedknee

Manufactured in July of 1975.  

As one of the earlier models of 22 shorts it was manufactured with the cylinder bolt on the hammer rather than down by the trigger.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d98/leflers/1.jpg">http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d98/leflers/1.jpg" alt="" />
"That little gun is just to get ya to yer big gun."
My Grandad.

gunfixer

-E!-

45flint

The ultimate cased set.  grips of elk and mammoth ivory, holsters by Madhat. Removable Mahogany bullet block. Mahogany case.

Uncle_Lee

That is the "ultimate" set of Earls....
God, Country, & Flag

Bubba

Dang it, dang it dang it...

Why do I keep coming back here?

It ALWAYS costs me money !!

Awesome pics guys, thanks !!
Those who adapt control the future
Gun Websites

grayelky

Lowready

I have a slight correction: My mini LR is B19XXX, not B2XXXX as I previously guessed at.

The trigger is not bad at all.

lowready

As previously promised here is a pictute of the CA 2000 with some NAA's for refference

Uncle_Lee

I DO like that CA 2000.

It fits.
God, Country, & Flag