Skeleton Belt Buckles

Started by Sandy, September-05-12 16:09

Previous topic - Next topic

appliancejunk

Very nice!

All this time I kept reading about a Skeleton belt buckle I thought it was going to look like a skull, lol...

Did not want one that looked like a skull and the other buckles are to large for my taste.  

This one looks perfect!

It only fits the 1 1/8" barrels, correct?

Sandy

No, fits both 1.125 and 1.625 barrels.

grayelky

The original skeleton buckle would fit both lengths. From looking at the pictures on the link provided, I see no reason the 1 5/8 barrel will not fit.

Thanks for the update, Sandy!
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

appliancejunk

Good to know that they fit both, thanks!

blitzkrieger

whitehorse

Sandy,

thank you, just ordered it.  

North Carolina is a traditional open carry state and I wear shirts that are made to be worn untucked. I have always been a cross draw fan. The skeleton allows easy and fast accessibility  

while driving and seating. IMO

FrRichard

The spec sheet doesn't say what width belt is needed.
God bless,
Fr. Richard

driften

It sure looks cool.... almost makes me want to buy a LR model....

appliancejunk

I don't really see how the gun is locked in or released.

Kevin

I don't suppose a left-hand model is in the works?

blitzkrieger

Applejuice, the gun is locked in by the two pins over the back of the hammer and behind the trigger on the frame....and the front pin sits on the side of the cylinder release pin creating a secure hold on the gun. Pull the (buckle pin) down to release its hold against the cylinder pin and you can remove the gun from the two rear pins.....

appliancejunk

Ok, I understand how it works now, slick!

appliancejunk

Wonder if a gun in a belt buckle like this could easily be missed if you ever got pat down.

heyjoe

not if they knew what they were doing
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

labrat

Will a skeleton belt buckle be offered for the PUG?

grayelky

First, Welcome to the forum!

Not without a re-design of the attachment method, but a good question.

orlando1979

does any ine know if thay make a """double prong"""Skeleton Belt Buckle
to live now is to die tomarow let your skull be one with mother earth and our galaxie the milky way

blitzkrieger

So far, what you see is whats available.

This belt buckle formerly discontinued though in high demand has been reissued as is.... Maybe in the future with enough sales this belt buckle can be redesigned to accomodate other models of minis. Until then....what you see is what is available.

orlando1979

it would be cool if thay had them
to live now is to die tomarow let your skull be one with mother earth and our galaxie the milky way

grayelky

Orlando1979 wrote:

does any ine know if thay make a """double prong"""Skeleton Belt Buckle

??

The next big demand will be from Uncle lee for a buckle to carry a pair of HogLegs with crossed barrels.......

blitzkrieger

I sure hope he has a huge Stetson and a pair of Tony Lamas to go with that set up

big_gus

I havent had any experience with the skeleton belt buckles, actually I hadnt saw one until yesterday on here. Can this design be wore on the side of the belt, or does it have to be worn in the front like all the rest buckles. Im guessing front... Do they attach to the belt just like the others? Thanks.
"AMERICA LOVE IT OR GET OUT!" R. Lee Ermey

"If a Psychopath runs over 20 people with a car, should you be banned from owning a car? People are hit EVERYDAY by cars... Gun Control makes as much sense as Car Control!"  Myself

NRA Endowment Life Member and Proud supporter of the Second Amendment!! :)

grayelky

They work like any other belt buckle: Loop one end of the belt around the metal loop (of the buckle), fasten the leather, run it through the pants loops and meet back in the middle. The Buckle has a "post" that fits through the hole(s) in the belt.

HOWEVER, a thinking person could modify a leather belt to be able to use 2 or possibly 3 buckles on 1 pair of pants. Maybe use several short "belts, and just attach them to each other through the belt loops. Not convenient to get dressed, but you would have an unusual set up!! I strongly suspect Patriotjoe could offer some assistance in the belt making department.

big_gus

Thanks for the reply Grayelky, its kinda what I figured. The one pic showing the belt bucket attached on the link threw me a little. Thanks Again!
"AMERICA LOVE IT OR GET OUT!" R. Lee Ermey

"If a Psychopath runs over 20 people with a car, should you be banned from owning a car? People are hit EVERYDAY by cars... Gun Control makes as much sense as Car Control!"  Myself

NRA Endowment Life Member and Proud supporter of the Second Amendment!! :)