The First Few Sidewinders

Started by Sandy, September-14-12 18:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy

This is what I know.

20 Sidewinders have been built and were being put through their paces in test-fire when I left Provo Wed. afternoon.  That morning we randomly selected orders (from those placed within the first 72 hours of program announcement) representing 20 pieces.  These orders were for both single and dual cylinder guns, and comprised both orders for one and two pieces.  Most orders were paid for by credit cards, which were charged that morning.  I was assured that all these guns would leave the factory before the end of this week (I've since learned that two were kept behind for additional attention and will ship Mon./Tue.).

I have found that the serialization prefix is simply EB (not SWEB).

We have learned much about this product from this first batch, which will benefit the manufacture and assembly of subsequent pieces.  We're still tweaking some of the dimensions/tolerances (we're still tweaking the 40 year-old original mini-revolver engineering, too!).  Obviously, these pieces enjoy our standard lifetime warranty and are additionally covered by a 30 day money-back offer.

I'm told we plan to deliver the next batch of 20 before the end of the month (but that might still slip), and that production should be around 100 pieces/week for several weeks thereafter.

FYI, we received orders for more than 190 EB pieces.  The program was only announced in my Soapbox and so all of these pieces will be going to members of our Message Board community (and friends they may have told).

While we have made a supplement to our Owner's Manual, we have also posted a short video in our YouTube library (http://www.youtube.com/naamovies">www.youtube.com/naamovies, select Sidewinder).

cedarview kid

Thanks for the update, Sandy. Awesome video on the Sidewinder. Very cool. Can't wait to get mine, but I'm guessing it might be a month or so.

Thanks!

capn

Sandy, 'preciate you keeping the forum so well-informed. Very thoughtful.

Dinadan

Sandy - thank you for the status update. I have wondered how many EBs were  

ordered - now I know.

heyjoe

very nice video. thanks for the info. 190 isnt a bad sized order for word of mouth.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

magnum_mike

Congrats to the 20! Hope to read, real soon, about your initial experience and your shooting results! You tube videos of range trips would be cool too!
mike
----------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

John 3:3

badge54

Fantastick.  Thank you for the update.  I can't wait.

Uncle_Lee

Thank You for the update.  

Now I am starting to feel the need to shake the Christmas present box to see if I can guess what is in it.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

sajackson

For those of us who missed the EB...when do you think we may see the Sidewinder available?  

Sadly I hadn't discovered NAA until after the EB had expired and I now (especially after watching video) am anxiously waiting for word on standard production models becoming available.

ghost

I for one am glad I was not one of the first 20 as 2 of those had a problem and probably went out a little later and we will probably never know , however I would say that some of the other 18 will end up going back to the factory as well.

Sandy said a little more Tweaking is needed so mine will get the tweaking before it's sent out.

45flint

Would love to have the first two but bottom line 190 EBs is not many so having any two of them is pretty cool

whitehorse

Are there any APs / artist proofs ?

Uncle_Lee

"(I've since learned that two were kept behind for additional attention and will ship Mon./Tue.)."

Sandy did not say that there was something wrong with the two that were kept behind. They are just getting "additional attention".

I DID send an e-mail to see if I could get 6" barrels (like on the Hog Leg) on my Early Bird Side Winders. They said no I couldn't.

The following is a dream.  

They are keeping my two back in order to put the 6" barrels on them.

Results may vary.

Side effects may include stomach ulcers thoughts of suicide.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

grayelky

First, thanks for the information, Sandy!

I get to see one of the first SWs! Seems a forum member took advantage of my offer for a free transfer, AND his card has been charged!!

And y'all thought I was just a nice guy! Heck NO!
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

billbingham2

Any ETA on when you will start doing a 22LR version?