.25 ACP REVOLVER?

Started by grayelky, September-15-12 10:09

Previous topic - Next topic

bill_deshivs

NAA has made 2 new frames recently, so it must not be THAT big a deal!

bill_deshivs

Quote from: stantheman86 on March-17-15 21:03
I have two Beretta Bobcat 21a's, one in .22 and one in .25.

The .22 will run all day on Stinger, Velocitor and AR Tactical .22. I put nearly 100 AR Tacticals through it with no cleaning this past summer...never bobbled once. These are NOT range guns and theres really no reason to "train" with them, theyre shoot and scoot belly guns made for last ditch fight for your life scenarios. Theyre light and small but were made obsolete by stuff like the LCP .380 and others. Bear in mind the design goes back to the 50's with the Minx, Beretta just updated the design for the 950 and 20-21 series. Options were few for real compact pistols years ago....now everyone makes them.

My .25 Beretta holds 8+1 with the MecGar mag and runs fine with Fiocchi FMJ. I carry it often. People denigrate .25 as useless but its not a combat sidearm and if I need it Im going for the throat and brain....show me anyone on any kind of drugs who wants a piece of lead however small it is....moving at 700  fps hitting them in the temple at contact range.....makes for a good "act like Im crapping my pants heres my wallet/keys oops pow pow" gun lol

FWIW .22 WMR is a vastly superior stopper to .25, I carry the .25 Beretta pretty much just for nostalgia. I had an LCP , I gave it to my Mom because I usually carry either my SP101, one of the Berettas or my .22 LR mini.

When I get my PUG and .32 Guardian, Im thinking those will become my EDC go to guns, with the Pug doing backup for the Guardian. Carrying heavy guns like my SP in the summer wears thin after a while....

There are plenty of reasons to train with a gun that you carry.
Don't be too sure that the WMR is a better "stopper" than the .25. Out of a very short barrel the WMR is loud, but not awfully powerful. The .25 was designed for 2" barrels. The WMR was designed for rifles.
I doubt you will carry a Guardian very often. They are heavy as a brick. Get yourself a Keltec P32.

stantheman86

I train often with my SP101 since I love to shoot revolvers, and I could shoot that gun all day. After a few mags through my LCP or occasionally the Beretta I'm pretty much bored with it. It's kind of like fitness, you really only stick with what you enjoy. If someone hates jogging they're not going to do it every day and probably not at all unless forced to.

I try to carry my wheelguns as much as I can since I shoot 1,000's of rounds a year through them and I feel I am proficient with them.........but as much as I try training with small autos, or any auto it just feels like I'm going through the motions.     There's just something about DA revolvers that gets in your blood and you can never really get into any other kind of handgun.