Beretta 950 Minx 22 Short question

Started by dale_az, January-08-18 17:01

Previous topic - Next topic

dale_az

What can anyone tell me about these little guns.  I have an opportunity to buy one, and
I don't know anything about them?  Whats the good and bad?
It was made in Italy and it Excellent condition w/box.  $400. 
I don't think it's a smokin deal as I've seen some on GB for less.
I may offer a bit lower?  Just wondering about it.
Thanks

rogertc1

Great gun for a collector. Not as a concealed carry it is just a 22SHORT

bill_deshivs

They are wonderfully accurate, reliable, lightweight little pistols.
Maybe not the best personal protection caliber, but it sure beats throwing rocks!
I would (and have) carry one if that's all I had. 7 rounds of .22 short in 2 seconds beats the heck out of 1 round of .22 lr in 2 seconds.

dale_az

Thanks guys.  Ya, I'm not planning on using it for protection or carry, I have other guns for that. 
I have read more good things about them than bad.

pietro

I have a virtually identical Beretta 21-A in .22LR, and can't say enough good things about it - it's proven itself light, reliable & accurate.

I have no doubt that the .22S M-950 is every bit as good.

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

bill_deshivs

dale_az

Thanks again ya-all.  I was hoping to get the little 22 short Beretta, we talked about doing a trade for one of my guns.  But in the end we didn't get quite close enough to make it work out.

Dale - AZ

gebe

Ah, that's too bad. I've had one for years and love it. Mine was made in the U.S., (Beretta of Maryland). I think the Italian made ones are earlier models but well made.

Like Bill said, it is amazingly accurate and very reliable. Never had a hiccup in hundreds of rounds. The tip up barrel is also very cool. They are really fun guns and it's one I will never get rid of. They are getting harder to find.

autofull

i had always wished that they had made a 950 22lr model. that would have been sweet. smaller than my 21,s fer sure.

Warthog

Picture? Would love to see one of it. 8)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

miker

I think they designed the 950 in .25acp and then tried to make a .22 version, and found the grip or action was too short.

I like it because the single action trigger and Condition-2 design philosophy make it so 1911-like. Plus the tip-up barrel is great, makes +1 so convenient.

They were Italian, Brazilian, and American made over the years.

RogueTS1

Some 950's compared to some 21a's:
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

RogueTS1

Just found a little bit better photo:
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.