Is this normal? (newbie question)

Started by animalinstinct, January-05-18 23:01

Previous topic - Next topic

animalinstinct

Hello forum this is my first post. Today I bought my first NAA firearm (The naa-22m) but have my eye on 4-5 more lol. I haven't been able to shoot it yet, but I plan to this weekend sometime. I have a question that is probably stupid, but I'll ask anyhow. On the right side of the revolver where the screw end is (?) it looks like maybe it isn't "set" all the way? Like it is 3/4 but not a full circle? Under Provo, UT and above 22 Magnum. I hope this makes sense... It doesn't look like others I've seen online and I just wanted to make sure it was OK. I'm sure it is. Its the only other gun I have besides my G19 and the quality of this little revolver is AMAZING! I assumed it would live up to all the hype online but boy oh boy it is VERY nice for such a small piece. Thank you for any help and I'm sure all is well I just wanted to make sure.

RangerJim

Hey, animal ...  Welcome to the forum, and to the addictive world of minis!   ;D

To answer your question (sort of ...) ...  Yes, that is "normal"--I have one or two that look similar.  I'm sure others online can provide more detail, but I wanted to make sure you at least got a quick answer.  Enjoy your mini!
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

Ruger

Welcome ANIMAL to the watering hole.  Squeeze in as often as you can, and oh, we love pictures!  And we want your range reports, purchasing experiences, and , of course, your opinions.  Don't be shy or a lurker.  We are a very accepting group, once you get used to our addiction to our Minis.
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

top dog

Animal,
First,welcome to the forum,great bunch of folks here.

No problem with you new mini,it is totally right on.

Now,we realize that you have a serious problem of which the only cure is to get yet another mini,then another.

Let us know how you do on the range with your new mini and what ammo you use.  Try it out at close distances,say 10 feet or so and get the feel of it.

We want to hear from you.

Top Dog

franco22

Welcome to the forum Animalinstinct. Looks normal to me but there are a lot more experienced NAA owners on the forum.

mrmurl

That while not being the best to look at is perfectly normal.  As they put the screw through from the other side, then the finish it off to be flush.  When doing this the threads are some times left with the gap in there.  It does not hurt the function of the Mini at all and the only effect is that it leaves the slight area where metal is missing.  Shoot you Mini and enjoy.  BTW welcome to the forum.  I have not been here a long time and they treat me like I was an old timer.  Very nice place to visit, much information and always welcome to ask questions.  Welcome to the addiction.
A gun is like a parachute; if you need it and don't have it, you probably won't need it again.

animalinstinct

Thanks for all the replies! Glad to know all is well (I figured it was). I think it looks great. The fit is so good, I can't feel where the side plate meets the frame with my nail. It runs together like one piece. A very fine little revolver. I bought some Hornady V-max 30 gr (that's all my lgs had) and will update on how it does when the weather permits. Thanks again!

Texduk3

welcome to the forum,  great folks, plenty of info too   8)
"God and Guns"
"Lets Go Brandon"

linux_author

welcome! congrats on your new naa mag - did you get the 22LR cylinder too? i enjoy plinking with my mini mag, but find the .22 mag rounds kinda expensive, so i mostly shoot mine with .22LR, shorts, CCI 'quiet' or Colibri rounds...

enjoy!

willie
on the 69F Gulf of Mexico

zburkett

Welcome. You got me curious so I pulled my mini out of my pocket and it has a little place that is sort of the same.  I've shot it a lot  and no problem.  I'm not sure a passion for minis can be considered "normal" but your pistol is fine.  Enjoy.

Bluelitenin

animalinstinct

My last post hasn't been approved by a moderator yet so forgive me if they show up in the wrong order. No I didn't get the 22lr cylinder with it and I do regret it. I paid $15 for a box of 50 rounds. I ad a chance to shoot today. The mini ran flawlessly! I shot the Hornady 30 gr Vmax. They have a nice little bit of recoil, but I was actually surprised that it wasn't as much as I saw on Youtube. A lot of people had the muzzle rise a few inches, but mine barely rose at all. I didn't have some king-kong grip either, just a natural firm grip. It was an AWESOME shooting experience. I think I may be addicted lol. I really want one of those sidewinders I think...

Canoeal

Welcome. Yes the screw in mine was replaced during a repair, and buffed down. It is home less than a week, and is exactly like yours. Yours is fine.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

grayelky

First, WELCOME

Please, never hesitate to ask a question. You may not ask one that really needs to be asked. And, any question you don't know the answer to is likely a valid question. And, if you you get harassed, it probably just means somebody likes you, and thinks you can take a little good humor joshing.

Now, about those other minis you have in mind. You can't just say stuff like that and let it lie (or is it lay?).
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

animalinstinct

Quote from: grayelky on January-08-18 22:01
First, WELCOME

Please, never hesitate to ask a question. You may not ask one that really needs to be asked. And, any question you don't know the answer to is likely a valid question. And, if you you get harassed, it probably just means somebody likes you, and thinks you can take a little good humor joshing.

Now, about those other minis you have in mind. You can't just say stuff like that and let it lie (or is it lay?).

I'm surprised I didn't get any of those "harassing" responses that I expected  ::) I endured enough of that in basic training to season my sense of humor well lol

animalinstinct