Boot Grips - In Big Demand

Started by Ruger, January-08-18 07:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruger

So not to jinx my chances of getting into the Ranger II EB program, I decided not to buy another set of Boot Grips for the Ranger II when or if I could get one.  Then I decided again not to buy and jinx my chances of where I would sit in the queue when I received confirmation that I was included in the EB program in early November.  About once a week after I was confirmed to be in the EB program, I would past through the Accessories menu and scan the Boot Grips.  But I was patient and decided that until I received confirmation of shipping, I would again not buy the Boot Grips to keep from any bad Juju.  Last Friday (Jan 5) I finally received confirmation that indeed I was receiving my order and they were in route to my FFL.  Time to buy the Boot Grips!  Now both engraved and non-engraved Boot Grips are Out of Stock!   Again, I am asked to exercise my patience. 

Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

mrmurl

Sounds about like my luck!!!!!
A gun is like a parachute; if you need it and don't have it, you probably won't need it again.

Uncle Fatso

I like the appearance of the boot grips but find the ugly rubber Mini Master type actually work better for accurate shooting, for me.

Bigbird48

Don't worry they get new shipments of grips all the time, they also sell on ebay and some on amozon Im sure you can find some or wait a week for NAA :)

Ruger

Uncle Fatso - Boot grips work well for me, since I am only looking for 1" to 2" groups at 12" to 24".  I just can't consider my Minis anything other than Belly Guns.   :)

BB - Yeah, I was aware of other sellers and that NAA gets them in periodically.  It was just an interesting timing issue for me.  They were available the whole time I was hesitant to pull the trigger on buying;  serves me right!

smokeless joe

Ruger I can remember I Lubs U having a conversation about that and you saying how you were going to wait. I hinted to s family member about them and left it in their hands. So luckily Christmas Day mine were under the tree. I'm sure they won't be out of stock for very long. Like you said interesting timing.

redhawk4

I too would like some engraved boot grips, having seen some of the pictures posted. I do have some pearl ones sitting on my desk, and might have ordered some of the wood ones earlier, but wasn't 100% sure if they were going to fit. Anyway I can wait for a while and have a birthday coming up in February, so we'll see how things pan out. Perhaps I'll like the pearl one's best when I try them on my Ranger II hopefully tomorrow.

At least I have the luxury of being able to go by the factory, which if I recall from when I got my Guardian grips, allowed me the luxury of choosing a set with a particularly nice grain.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

Uncle Fatso

I've been practicing to hit a rattler in the head at 70-80" away with my Black Widow and Mini Master.  ;) 

The old 1 5/8" barrel model I have is a "belly gun" though.  It has boot grips on it, too. 8)

Canoeal

Guess I should have looked before I opened a new topic asking about boot grips...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Ruger

Just a note - Boot Grips are back in stock at NAA!

Bigbird48

See I told ya they wouldn't take long to come back in stock ;D 8)

smokeless joe

I'm hoping to have these on my Pug by the weekend

RangerJim

Quote from: Ruger on January-10-18 06:01
Just a note - Boot Grips are back in stock at NAA!
Thanks for the heads-up, Ruger!  I just picked up a couple of sets for my future Rangers--or possibly for my original Rangers, not sure yet ...  But thanks again!
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

PaducahMichael

Joe, I was sleepy when I saw your photo - at first I thought it was chicken legs on a grill. Couldn't understand why you would put them on your Pug.

Now that I'm more awake, they look great!
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

RangerJim

Quote from: PaducahMichael on January-10-18 08:01
Joe, I was sleepy when I saw your photo - at first I thought it was chicken legs on a grill. Couldn't understand why you would put them on your Pug.

Now that I'm more awake, they look great!
Hah!  Yeah, they look delicious ... er, uh, beautiful!   ;D   Thingmeisters, right?
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

Canoeal

"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

redhawk4

At first glance I thought they were pictures of something from a Pug's bottom :), but then I could see what they were, I'll be interested to see them on the gun.

I'm going to have to get some wooden boot grips for my Ranger the pearl ones are disappointing me they just seem rather bland when fitted to the Ranger. I think wood looks better with stainless and pearl better on a blued gun.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

smokeless joe

Yes RJ they are thingmeister grips.

Arts09

Quote from: smokeless joe on January-10-18 06:01

Nice Joe. I have the same ones, just darker. So far the finish is holding up for daily pocket carry!

smokeless joe

Quote from: Arts09 on January-10-18 18:01
Quote from: smokeless joe on January-10-18 06:01

Nice Joe. I have the same ones, just darker. So far the finish is holding up for daily pocket carry!
Excellent. That is what I was hoping for. Thanks for the feedback Art