TRADE..Rosewood birdshead grips for Grip screws W/Nuts..

Started by beach_hunter, October-24-10 08:10

Previous topic - Next topic

beach_hunter

I need a NAA grip screw with the nuts....would really like 2 sets. Want to try making some stag grips from some antler's I got hanging around.. would like to trade these grips for the screws. Thanks

beach_hunter

ace63

Have you tried ACE hardware ? (no relation)

beach_hunter

No did not think of checking a hardware store..maybe I'll give it a shot. thanks

mrmadhat

I have not been able to find any of the same or similar hardware, you can use some alternatives though...

ace63

With you fabricating your own stag grips I would think you might find some different metal screws that you can modify your holes for,things like brass and stainless.

umpire

How about a chigaco screw that is used in leatherworking.  It would have to have threads longer than standard. Would have to Ask Madhat if they are even available with the longer threads.  The buttons on the outside of the grip would probably be to big and goddy looking.

Just a thought.

good day Gents,

zippovarga

Pop the ferrules and screws out of those grips you're wanting to trade. I tend to think about what I already have when I'm wanting to make something. You already have the hardware in that set of grips there.

beach_hunter

I am missing the screw for these grips, plus did not want to ruin good grips just for the nut and washer..figured someone might have some screws hanging around.

zippovarga

You should be able to get a replacement screw from a hardware store and removing the ferrules doesn't ruin the grips. I've done it on a couple sets then returned everything and the grips were none the worse for wear. Was just another option thrown your way. Perhaps your local firearms dealer has something you can use also.

bill_deshivs

It's difficult to find screws and escutcheons small enough to look right on these little guns. I have found no commercial outlet for them, and the ones from NAA are prohibitively expensive.

zippovarga

Escutcheons!! Yeah, That's it! Sorry for my ignorance on the proper name for them.  

If you do find a good source I hope you'll share with us.

silvershooter

Beach hunter, I used to have a shorter LR screw in a misc box. I'll check and if I still have it it's yours free of charge. Is that what you're needing or the longer Mag screw?

beach_hunter

Silver I got a MAG-Frame I wanted to build grips for.. Funny "SILVERSHOOTER" I get lots of junk silver while metal detecting.. was thinking of making a mold using the Birdshead grips and making a pair of .900 fine coin silver grips. They could be nicely engraved also. would be a great winter project.

silvershooter

Handmade silver grips would be a sweet enhancement. If it works out and you're able to, post some pics in the spring.  

I found the grip screw. It's too short for the mag oversized grips that I originally intended it for, but it might work with a birdshead set. If you're interested I'll pop it in the mail. If not I'll offer it up to any other board member, it's wrapped and in the envelope.

beach_hunter

Silver shooter I'll take it, may work for the smaller birdshead grips!

silvershooter

It's in the mail beach-hunter. If nothing else maybe you can use it as trade towards another set of bolt/nut. Good luck.

gunfixer

I've been absent for a bit here guys..

Beach_Hunter, of COURSE I have a set of these for YOU my friend..!  

If you still need these let me know, you sent ME a set before,  

so the LEAST I can do is reciprocate..!

email me your mailing info Brother..

Eric! email: [email protected]
-E!-

beach_hunter

I got one screw today...not sure which one of you sent it...return address says "REED"...Thanks!! you guy's are great!!

cedarview kid

beach_hunter

THANKS NAA C.. The factory grip screw is 3/4".. So those screws will give you a little room to play with if you want to make grips a little thicker. I just wonder how wide/dia. they are? The factory Naa screw looks like its 0.10 or 0.12... going to start making up a mold to cast my silver grips this weekend. I wanted to make a few other molds up also,want to give making some custom jewelry a try this winter.

cedarview kid

Yah, I think the diameter of these screws may be a bit on the wide side, but I bought some to try out.