Ranger II, Good So Far...

Started by OMCHamlin, December-28-18 12:12

Previous topic - Next topic

OMCHamlin

Well, I shot my Christmas present Wednesday and again today, and I believe I can start to give feedback on it.
For background, I also own a .22 Short, a Pug, the Mrs's Black Widow and an early .32 Guardian.
So far, good, I shot about 20 rounds mixed of Speer short barrel GDs and Hornady Critical Defense on Wednesday and 15 rounds of CCI solids and Speer GDs today. Not a lot, but it was uneventful. Today, I first put the Cherrywood Rev CV grips on it, and they went right on with no issues. I also received a nice little standard format pocket holster from a gal on eBay named "Toddswendy". At the range today, I actually brought along a target and as you can see, it's viable at 5 yards anyhow. Sight picture was a true center hold (with lots of concentration to get past the trigger!)  The rounds out to the left I would attribute to the gun sitting a little cocked to the left in my hand, and the atrocious trigger pull (it's ridiculous, as is the cocking of the hammer!)
Since the sights are on, I wonder what I can do to brighten the front sight? Anyone try sight paint on that little pimple of a front sight?

RangerJim

Nice shootin', Tex!  Welcome to the forum!

But seriously, OMC, I'm happy that you've had good luck with your Ranger II because some of us have definitely had issues.  Good luck with it!
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

OMCHamlin

Yeah, I was on pins and needles when I was taking it out to shoot for the first time because of the problems I was beginning to hear about with other Ranger II owners. I'm glad it worked out, hope they have these issues under control now.
Only problem is I am now thinking about a Sidewinder! I'll have a nice little (LOL!) collection of NAAs before this bug wears off...

Uncle_Lee

Welcome OMC,
Nice shooting.
Thank you for the pretty pictures.
I love pictures.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

OMCHamlin

Quote from: uncle_lee on December-29-18 05:12
Welcome OMC,
Nice shooting.
I love pictures.
Seems I've heard that somewhere, I may just have to post a "family photo"...

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: OMCHamlin on December-29-18 06:12
Quote from: uncle_lee on December-29-18 05:12
Welcome OMC,
Nice shooting.
I love pictures.
Seems I've heard that somewhere, I may just have to post a "family photo"...

Please do.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Biff

I haven't shot my X-Mas Ranger, yet.   I too am hopeful that it functions as good as it looks.

Here it is with its new family. 

Warthog

Looks good OMCHamlin!

I tend to "Point Shoot" mine, so not gonna be able to help with the sight, though on larger guns I tend to paint the front sight orange and the back sides green.  Makes it easier for my older eyes to see and use even sort of quickly too and accurately.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein