Trigger pull weight

Started by pennsy, January-15-19 17:01

Previous topic - Next topic

pennsy

What is the typical trigger pull weight of the minis? Is there a search function on the forum? I don't see one.

smokeless joe

Quote from: pennsy on January-15-19 17:01
What is the typical trigger pull weight of the minis? Is there a search function on the forum? I don't see one.
I can't answer you question on the trigger but I can tell you that we do have a search at the top of the page right next to the help section.

pennsy

Thanks . Right in front of me.

lefty dude

The trigger pull margin is very tight for the mini's. Meaning, the trigger pull in pounds of pull. The spring is very short, and the hammer is very light. Decreasing the spring to a lighter pull, might lead too Failure of fire or intermittent and soft hammer strikes.

Yep, the Mini has a heavy trigger pull, almost as Heavy as a Bond Derringer. And for safety, I would not have it much lighter. My Bond has a lighter spring. My Mini I would not have it any other way.

Honky Tonk Man

I bought a Pug a few years ago and the trigger seemed heavy and on the rough side.  I kept shooting it and it seemed to gradually smooth out and the pull weight decreased with use.  I thought I must have just got used to it.  Last year I bought a Black Widow.  I couldn't believe how much stiffer and rougher it was than the Pug.  Now after about 300 rounds through the Black Widow the trigger is on a par with the Pug.  I think they do smooth out with use.  To test the triggers pull, I removed the cylinders from both and fired them back to back.  I can no longer feel any difference. 

They are not target triggers.  Lefty Dude summed up the reasons pretty well.  They work fine for what they are intended for IMHO. 
Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver

pennsy

I'm guessing they around 8-10 lbs maybe? I was shooting mine yesterday and I noticed a tendency to shoot left of target at 10  paces. Moving my trigger finger to the first joint seemed to help . This is with boot grips, 1 1/8 barrel 22lr. Anyone else pulling left?

lefty dude

If you are shooting Left, your Wrist is breaking left as you pull the trigger. Or you are a Lefty.

Shoot Two handed, or as we Cowboy Action Shooters call it; Squaw Gripping,

grayelky

Quote from: lefty dude on January-16-19 18:01
If you are shooting Left, your Wrist is breaking left as you pull the trigger. Or you are a Lefty.

OUCH!
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

smokeless joe

Quote from: grayelky on January-17-19 08:01
Quote from: lefty dude on January-16-19 18:01

OUCH!
;D