Ranger II Holster

Started by RICKS PLACE, June-08-19 16:06

Previous topic - Next topic

RICKS PLACE

Ordered my Ranger II holster from Rick on the Third, got it today on the 8th.  Plain black pocket type with ammo pouch.   As he told me it could be 2 weeks to ship, probably had it in stock.   Compared it with my B/W holster from a maker long out of business.  First, the 5 round ammo attachment actually worked.  I had told Rick I really didn't care if it had the extra ammo attachment or not. Now I am glad it's got it.    Could not get all 5 rounds in the older holster.  The Desert Holster fit the gun right off.  Covered the hammer and trigger just as it should.  Desert/L  did it's homework  on this holster and I will start packing it tomorrow.  Will still carry my Pug as backup till I start to trust the Ranger more.  Will probably order one for my Pug as soon as I pay for this one.

Warthog

Rick does good work.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: RICKS PLACE on June-08-19 16:06
Ordered my Ranger II holster from Rick on the Third, got it today on the 8th.  Plain black pocket type with ammo pouch.   As he told me it could be 2 weeks to ship, probably had it in stock.   Compared it with my B/W holster from a maker long out of business.  First, the 5 round ammo attachment actually worked.  I had told Rick I really didn't care if it had the extra ammo attachment or not. Now I am glad it's got it.    Could not get all 5 rounds in the older holster.  The Desert Holster fit the gun right off.  Covered the hammer and trigger just as it should.  Desert/L  did it's homework  on this holster and I will start packing it tomorrow.  Will still carry my Pug as backup till I start to trust the Ranger more.  Will probably order one for my Pug as soon as I pay for this one.
Covered the hammer and trigger just as it should.  Desert/L  did it's homework  on this holster

Thanks RICKS PLACE for posting this and the review!  :)

I have carried and used most every style Holster I make with each NAA Model its made for. (I have not carried a "Small-of-Back yet)

It helps me with the design and function of the Holster before making it available.

The "Homework" is listening to everyone here on the Forum, some R & D, build a couple to see how they work, throw them under the bench never to see the light of day! and solve the problems and make a couple more, trash maybe one and move to finalize the pattern.

Then a couple more are made to put in the hands of a couple "crash test dummies" test subjects  ::) for evaluation.

I always strive to build a better holster so small changes are made after they are out for a while and I start hearing feedback. By then it is mostly minor.

And, I'm very thankful to everyone here for their input and support. (Group Hug!)  ;D

Quote from: Warthog on June-09-19 20:06
Rick does good work.
Thanks Warty!  ;)
Rick Jorgenson