New Wasp owner questions

Started by Mickey, February-10-20 20:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey

New Wasp 1" mag/lr sight question. Can they be changed? Suggestions please.
What is a really good in-pocket holster that will work as storage in glovebox as well?
Bought a box of "QUITE" .22LR (they certainly are not) what are they for?
Bought .22 mag shot shell #12; how close to a snake would you need to be?
This will be used walking dog at night with high coyote problem. Mag shot or mag or 22lr?
Thank you
Mickey
Wasp

glenn

I assume you mean "QUIET" ?
If it were me ... the mag snake shot would be ok for a snake ... not much farther than your feet.
Snake shot would be pretty useless for coyotes (critters) .. unless you just wanted to scare them.
My choice for defending yourself & your pooch, would be magnums.

Proud Untermenschen of the NWO

Rick_Jorgenson

Hi Mickey,

I haven't used Snake Shot (to shoot a snake) but as I understand it's 4 or 5 feet away.

The .22mag is the preferred "self defense" round for coyote's or "other"  ;)

For a Holster you might consider this (see photo) This one is for the NAA Pug but yours would be similar. It also holds 5 extra rounds in a separate pouch with a snap.

Look for the "Magnum 1 1/8 Barrel" Pocket Holster (It's identical to the Wasp)

Colors of leather available...

• Natural Oil Finish
  • Chestnut
  • Black

www.DesertGunLeather.com
Rick Jorgenson

grayelky

Mag bird shot shouid be good for several feet on a snake. Get some cardboard and shoot it a varying distances. It won't take long to figure out what you will be comfortable with. As to the coyote problem, use the same magnum round you carry. For me, currently that would be either Speer Gold Dots or Hornady Critical Defense.

As to changing the sights, I doubt it. There just is not much under the rib to hold a sight. Once you get used to the bead, you may find it to be fairly quick and on target. You could try a little white paint to help it stand out, if that is an issue for you. If you come up with a sight alternative, let us know.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

RogueTS1

Yep, what Rick said/showed. Use magnums and carry some spares. We like Speed Strips; makes easier than fumbling around with loose ammo and more securely carried. This one custom sized to fit the back pocket of a pair of jeans.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

RogueTS1

Or another one just a tad smaller:
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

RogueTS1

Rick makes some very similar to the one above that have a very secure plastic clip that will retain the holster on either your belt as well as sit comfortably in a pocket:

seaotter

If you want better sights, buy a Black Widow. Not instead of, but in addition to. Better sights, bigger grip, still easy to carry. The best of the bunch.
Concerning snake shot out of a mini: I have never used the 22WMR shot, but I have used the 22lr rounds. Out of a 4 inch barrel they are good to about 6 feet. Out of a mini they are good to about two feet. Minis and 22 shot shells are great when a snake plops down in your aluminum canoe right by your feet. You can kill the snake without blowing a hole in your boat. I wouldn't try that in a plastic or wooden one, tho!