Bad cylinder wall, nope, bad bullet.

Started by SCADAman29325, January-26-21 16:01

Previous topic - Next topic

SCADAman29325

I was reloading and this one bullet just wouldn't go into the cylinder,  so I cleaned the gun and retried the reload. Still very difficult. Then I noticed this:

barrytheprof

RogueTS1

I am sure I am incorrect but that round looks like a rim-fire cartridge.   :-\
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Canoeal

Quote from: RogueTS1 on January-28-21 10:01

It is a 22 mag... He was reloading his gun , not the cartridge if I get it right.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

barrytheprof

I'd be interested to know which company has such poor quality control.

RogueTS1

Quote from: Canoeal on January-28-21 11:01
Quote from: RogueTS1 on January-28-21 10:01

It is a 22 mag... He was reloading his gun , not the cartridge if I get it right.

Okay, got it now. I was wondering; that makes sense now.  :P
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

bearcatter

I've had several .22LR Golden Bullets like that, no surprise.....
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

barrytheprof

Hmm, I expected to CCI to have better quality control. That's a surprise.

Uncle_Lee

I don't think any QC is 100%. Maybe that is the first "bad" round to slip through. Maybe there won't be another for another 100 trillion rounds.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Boisesteve

My experience with CCI is their rimfire primers fire more reliably than other brands.