Ammo prices

Started by blitzkrieger, August-10-12 10:08

Previous topic - Next topic

blitzkrieger

Was at my lgs yesterday and the owner was telling me that ammo prices are going up again this month due to cost of metals..... Going up 18%

22man

Pray Obama doesn't get re-elected,,,,,,,,ammo prices will spike and shelves will dwindle, ime. Best to stock up now.

keith44

I agree, stock up while you can

Uncle_Lee

Get everyone to vote against obama so he don't get re-elected.

God leaves these little things up to us.

If we want to muck up the water, he will let us. It's called free will.

Will I save America, or will I muck it up.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Dinadan

I am having deja vu. Seems like .38/.357 ammo was hard to find after  

Obama was elected in 2008. This time it may be worse. I wonder if  

ammo maufacturers have ramped up capacity since then?

keith44

.38 and .357 I reload, along with other straight walled rimmed pistol cartridges, so I didn't feel that shortage.  Primers, certain powders, and some bullets became non-existent.  So did .380, and some .45 acp.  With shortages factories can (and some do) raise their prices.  Capacities of factories are pretty well set, and they are reluctant to invest in equipment and manpower with the economy in the shape it is.

bud

About a year or so ago, I couldn't find any 380 ammo. So a friend and I ordered 1000 rounds of it and split it between us.

Still haven't been able to find any .22 mag critical defense yet.

Kevin

Anyone else heard the rumor that Wayne La Pierre is lobbying for the repeal of the 22nd Amendment because Obama has been so good for the gun industry?

bud

One term is 4 years too many!

oleshep

there is an old saying. Fool me once shame on you,Fool me twice shame on me. I pray the American people aren't shamed a 2nd time

keith44

you and me both Oleshep

bud

New sign for my front door

DUE TO THE PRICE INCREASE

ON AMMUNITION...

DO NOT EXPECT A

WARNING SHOT !

Thank you for your understanding!

keith44

deets

Stock up.  

I don't see conditions getting any better.

blitzkrieger

Just got a 250 bulkpak of .380 - $75.00 after tax and $10.00 off coupon.

bud

I bought 300 rounds of .223 ammo at Indy gun show yesterday.  It cost me $135.00!

Everything seemed to have gone sky high!

TxEd

The local Walmart has the best prices around here I try to pick up a few boxes every time I go in for groceries
TxEd

poncho

a buck a bullet can add up fast...my guardian 32 doesn't like  bargain bullets

cedarview kid

So, your Guardian is a connoisseur?

poncho

I wish it wasn't but I have ftf and stovepie every 3rd round or so with everything but win superX silvertip..I'll have to start a thread on it and see what other 32 owners have to say.

boone123

ponhco.
Stick with what works. Its cheaper in the long run

blitzkrieger

2 weeks ago I purchsed 1000 rds of .380 PMC bronze for $265.00 + an addional 60 rds of some obsolete hollow points thrown in the deal from a private seller on the local classifides.
After researching current prices, I made out about $50.00 cheaper. ;)

ziggy

i just got a reloader and have been reloading 38spl, 357, 9mm, 45lc, and 223. dont see any savings, just shoot more.