How well do NAA .22 magnum mini's hold up.

Started by JES14352, May-24-13 21:05

Previous topic - Next topic

JES14352

Just bought my first NAA gun . How well do the NAA .22 magnum pugs hold up after a lot of shooting. (high round count ) ?
STUBBORN AS A MISSOURI MULE.......

skyscratcher5150

Thanks for asking I was wondering the same thing. What is the most rounds anyone has heard being shot through a mini? Maybe a torture test is in order?

Kevin

If we can ever get our hands on .22 ammo again,  :'(, one of us will have to give one of our mini-magnum's a test.

Uncle_Lee

Welcome Jes,
Everyone send Jes all their 22mag ammo so he/she can let us know the max round count that his new mini can endure.
Sounds like a plan to me. 8)

The question has come up before but never answered with a definite round count.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

flatnose

You do know that in the end you have a dameged gun just to get a number, right? But, it is good info to have, so, get busy and let us know. ;D

Dinadan

Quote from: JES14352 on May-24-13 21:05
Just bought my first NAA gun . How well do the NAA .22 magnum pugs hold up after a lot of shooting. (high round count ) ?

There has been some discussion about this in the past. Personally, I have carried my Pug on a semi daily basis for about two years, and shot several hundred rounds out of it with no problem. Most of my shooting is LR, mags are a lot more jarring, no doubt they stress the mechanism more than LR. A few folks have experienced main spring failure after a lot of shooting; at least one person had the cylinder pin retention spring fail.

Here is a point to consider. The actual lock mechanism on the Pug is the same as on all the other Magnum Minis; they have been around long enough to be considered tried and true. The Pug cylinder pin is the only moving part that has not been part of the Mini design for many years, I think.

grayelky

I don't recall who, but there is (or was) someone on here who shoots 500-1000 rounds a week. I think most of it is LR. While the mini is not designed for that type shooting, it will endure. And, if you find a way to wear it out, simply return it to NAA and they will rebuild it. When you get it back, you will check the serial number to make sure they did not replace it with a new gun. Yes, the customer service is that good. So is the warranty.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

tocsn40

My first mini I shot 300 to 500 a week most months during the sommer fo many years  then I stoped shooting it and it became a safe queen   went to sell it one time and the main spring broke on the test fire for new owner.  I keepef it and did send it to naa and they sent it back no charge my son now has that gun and will not give it bake   I have 5others now and they all get shot now and again but not like the first one.  I could out shoot a friend with a jennes auto as it would jam and the mini would keep shooting   
Tocsn40

G50AE

Having never seen a North American Arms product used in a hold up, I wouldn't know.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: G50AE on May-26-13 17:05
Having never seen a North American Arms product used in a hold up, I wouldn't know.

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

TwoGunJayne

Order some replacement mainsprings. You can swap them yourself. I seem to put 2000-5000 rounds on a mainspring before they give out. I usually send it back to NAA for that high-quality polish when they swap and fix it.

Fix it yourself? Send it to NAA and get it polished as part of the course? It's debatable.