Rediscovering how awesome these little NAA minis really are...

Started by rattlehead, June-16-15 15:06

Previous topic - Next topic

rattlehead

Over the last couple of decades I've owned at least a half dozen of these little gems but sold all of them except for my Black Widow convertible, which has mostly just been sitting in the safe for the past few years.. Until about a week ago that is.. I had been pocket carrying my new Glock 43, but just for the heck of it I decided to throw the BW in my pocket in stead. After a day or two I realized what I loved so much about it! You can't even tell its there. Soooo, my new found interest in NAA minis got me in the mood to shop for a new one. I've always liked the PUG, so I ordered one a couple of days ago. Should arrive at my local dealer this week. Also ordered a Mini-Master grip for it (most comfortable off all the grips I've tried) and a Ragsdale pocket holster.

While browsing this forum I noticed another grip that I hadn't seen before.. The Cvang (sp?) I think its called? Anyway, it looks really nice.. How comfortable is it in the hand when compared to the BW/MM grip?

To Old To Run

That's what I love about the mini also, you can put away in your pocket and forget about it, I fumbled with a 380  for awhile, tried a few holsters and found myself not carry it much. but with the mini I carry it all the time.
As far as the grip you asked about, allot of good comments about them, I hope some of the others chime in on your post here, I just have the 22lr mini with the folding grips so far.  Welcome to the forum .

grayelky

I have a set of the CVang grips. They have become my daily carry choice. To me, they have several attributes. They provide a superior grip to the standard mini grip or the boot grip, feel as controllable as the BW, but carry better in my pocket. To me, they don't feel as bulky. I'm sure someone will post some pics shortly.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

rattlehead

Thanks for the replies! Yes, I'd love to see a set of the plain black plastic cvangs on a Pug if anyone has one? This is the one I'm referring to:

coppertop

I had been using the oversized Rosewood grips for years and discovered the CVang grips here. I still think the oversized grips are the best but you add a good bit of bulk to the revolver. The CVang grips are a nice compromise offering a larger grip profile with the length but not much bulk added to the width and depth of the grip.

Plus they look really good on the revolvers.

scbuxton

Yup, rattlehead that little BW is just plain hard to beat.  I always carry mine, as a backup for whatever carry gun I have on.
Just last week, an impromptu range session developed while visiting a friend.  We did a show and tell, then commenced shooting . My friend was impressed with the little BW after I bounced a golf ball around the field, five shots, five hits.  Started at about 25' where he left off with a Judge loaded with. 410's. Then I reloaded and five more hits.  My friend said "that's an accurate little gun!" . I smiled and reloaded,  and put it away.
Gotta love those minis!

Uncle_Lee

I like Cvang grips for the way you hold the mini firm with two fingers on the grip.
No movement in the hand when I shoot it. Fast second shot.
I have them on all my carry minis and on some that I just collect.
These are my main carry minis:

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

rattlehead

Thanks for the replies!

Uncle_lee, those look great. I think I'll be ordering some of those cvangs for mine very soon.

rattlehead

Just ordered this one:
http://www.revisioncv.com/naa22magp

Since I already have a MM grip on the way as well, I guess I'll just try them both and see which one I like best.

Uncle_Lee

Take both sets of grips and the mini out with you the next time you shoot.
Try them both.
My bet is on the Cvangs.

Not saying they are for everyone, just for me.
I tried every grip I could find and for firm hold and quick follow up shot, the Cvang was the best for me.
With the birdshead grip, sometimes it would take both hands to reposition the mini back into firing hold.
When using a 22LR or 22Mag to stop a bad guy/girl, it is 99.99% that you ARE going to need a follow up shot or three.
If the bad person is two or three steps from you those follow up shots are going to have to be quick and sure.
They might not be seven yards away and standing still while you hold your mini with both hands and take aim.
They might be up close and moving toward you with evil intent.
You may have to fire with your shooting hand while defending yourself with your off hand.
(really, up that close, you need a good knife.  ;D)
God, Country, & Flag

RogueTS1

Yes, say something like this?

Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

rattlehead

Will do Uncle_lee. I'll report the results back here. :)

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag

To Old To Run